solomons bridge

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I don't know why but I was just curious about something. Has everyone who has jumped from the bridge died? Do you think they die from hitting the water hard and it kills them instantly? Do they break all their bones and can't swim so they drown? Do they hit the water so fast that they go too far down and can't get to the top before they run out of air?

(I'm not thinking of jumping, just curious)

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Yes they have died. Impact at the speed they can attain will knock them out and it probably breaks many of their bones. From the top it's like hitting into concrete.

People have lived I know that. It depends on what part they jump from. I guess if the go to the top then they more then likely die. I know the people I have heard lived didnt do it from the top. Years ago I think someone jumped to get away from police. They swam to shore and later caught I believe.

M

missperky

Don't forget to call the crissis hotline before you jump.

Danzig

I know a guy who jumped from the 301 bridge. He lived, he said "he was split in two & wished he died" he is a mess and can't walk too good. I told him to go try again, and he said NEVER AGAIN.

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
Suicide by bridge is gruesome, and death is almost certain. People have survived the fall, but not many. You might survive if you hit the water feet first and come in at a slight angle.

The impact is tremendous. The body goes from roughly 75 to 80 mph to nearly zero in a nanosecond. The physics of inertia being what they are, internal organs tend to keep going. The force of impact causes them to tear loose. Autopsy reports typically indicate that the jumpers have lacerated aortas, livers, spleens and hearts. Ribs are often broken, and the impact shoves them into the heart or lungs. Jumpers have broken sternums, clavicles, pelvises and necks. Skull fractures are common.

Which means you die one of two ways, or a combination of both. One, you hit the water and the impact kills you. Sometimes the jumper is knocked unconscious. Other times, the jumper survives for a time. The person can be seen flailing about in the water, trying to stay afloat, only to succumb to the extensive internal bleeding. Death can take seconds or minutes. Two, you drown. You hit the water going fast, and your body plunges in deep. Conscious or otherwise, you breathe in water and asphyxiate.

You can usually tell which bridge jumpers drowned: Frothy mucus bubbles from the nose. :howdy:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Suicide by bridge is gruesome, and death is almost certain. People have survived the fall, but not many. You might survive if you hit the water feet first and come in at a slight angle.

The impact is tremendous. The body goes from roughly 75 to 80 mph to nearly zero in a nanosecond. The physics of inertia being what they are, internal organs tend to keep going. The force of impact causes them to tear loose. Autopsy reports typically indicate that the jumpers have lacerated aortas, livers, spleens and hearts. Ribs are often broken, and the impact shoves them into the heart or lungs. Jumpers have broken sternums, clavicles, pelvises and necks. Skull fractures are common.

Which means you die one of two ways, or a combination of both. One, you hit the water and the impact kills you. Sometimes the jumper is knocked unconscious. Other times, the jumper survives for a time. The person can be seen flailing about in the water, trying to stay afloat, only to succumb to the extensive internal bleeding. Death can take seconds or minutes. Two, you drown. You hit the water going fast, and your body plunges in deep. Conscious or otherwise, you breathe in water and asphyxiate.

You can usually tell which bridge jumpers drowned: Frothy mucus bubbles from the nose. :howdy:

Thanks for the description :faint:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Is this the dinner thread?

Good Grief

OMG.......are you a mortician?????:yikes:

usagent

I did 1 flip and a 1/2 twist before I landed a righteous jacknife/cannon ball thingy but that was the bridge between Hughesville and Prince Frederick:yahoo:

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
I know a guy who jumped from the 301 bridge. He lived, he said "he was split in two & wished he died" he is a mess and can't walk too good. I told him to go try again, and he said NEVER AGAIN.

Was that the guy that was running from the police?

I asked some locals about that and they said, the only time anyone survived was a guy trying to get away from the cops and he can hardly walk now.