Firewood?

sinwagon

Can anyone tell me of a reputible person to get firewood from? I had someone who was supposed to deliver 2 weeks ago and never showed.

Thanks!

da6bearz

Can anyone tell me of a reputible person to get firewood from? I had someone who was supposed to deliver 2 weeks ago and never showed.

Thanks!

Check your local phone book. We use Jeff's Tree Service. He's always been really good to us. Tell him Greg from Hollywood sent you....

da6bearz

Check your local Phone book. We use Jeff's Tree Service. He's always been really good to us. Tell him Greg from Hollywood sent you.

belvak

Happy Camper

Thanks!

:howdy: Don't know where you're located, but we just got some a few weeks ago from J & J Firewood (John Kolbe) in Chaptico. $120.00/cord mixed hardwood (mostly oak). Hubby was pleased with what was delivered. 240-925-1755.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair

Thanks!
I cut my own but if you need some local (St. Mary's) this farmer could use the business... 301-863-2529 His name is Roy

marianne

Great thread! We've been looking for someone to deliver firewood all day but had no luck finding someone to come to La Plata. We called John from Belvak's recommendation and are getting a cord - yay!

Christy

b*tch rocket
:howdy: Don't know where you're located, but we just got some a few weeks ago from J & J Firewood (John Kolbe) in Chaptico. $120.00/cord mixed hardwood (mostly oak). Hubby was pleased with what was delivered. 240-925-1755.

I called them, they brought a load today AND helped stack it. :yahoo: Great bunch of guys. :yay:

marianne

Great thread! We've been looking for someone to deliver firewood all day but had no luck finding someone to come to La Plata. We called John from Belvak's recommendation and are getting a cord - yay!

:mad: We still haven't gotten firewood from J&J. They were supposed to come two weeks ago but never showed. We've called them more than four times since then.

Back to the drawing board... If anyone has any other recommendations for firewood delivery, please let me know!

marianne

Have you tried this person yet?

Yup, tried him too. His wife said he probably won't deliver to La Plata and we didn't get a call back after that. I did find two companies from Waldorf after all my whining and putting up wanted ads. They're listed at:
SOMDNews.com Classifieds

I believe they are tree companies. One of them is supposed to be bringing a cord tonight :fingerscrossed:. They're more expensive than J&J and they won't stack but if we actually get a cord of seasoned hardwood delivered I'll be estatic. And next year we won't wait until so late in the season to look for firewood.

marianne

call st marys tree service....
or king kutters

i know they both did firewood last year

Thanks for the recommendation. It's hard to find someone late in the season that will come to Charles County. We did get firewood delivered the other day from the folks on the other SOMD classified website. They were very professional, responsive, and delivered over a cord of good, seasoned hardwood. We kept their card and will likely give them a call when we next need firewood.