Second DWI

Otter

Nothing to see here
Does anyone know what judges in calvert county do for a second DWI?

You'll be lucky to end up with weekends in jail or work release...Better get on the phone with Larry Lamson, good lawyer in DWI cases.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Hopefully they lock them up and throw away the keys. A deadbeat I know goes to court in December for his THIRD among other charges.

gigi6

My advice????? QUIT DRINKING AND DRIVING!

However, you should probably get a GOOD Lawyer (Larry Cumberland is the best in cases like this) then, immediately check and see about getting yourself into a rehab program! You'll be lucky if you can keep your license....they'll probably fine the hell out of you, put a blower in your car and only let you drive to work and home!

Calvert Judges don't play around anymore with DWI's or DUI's. I have never had one myself, however, friends of mine have had them. They are serious about putting away people who drink and drive!

river rat

BUCKING GOAT

Get yourself a lawyer (Lansom is one) Start going to AA meetings NOW. Try to be sincere about. This will look good on your behalf come judgement day.

PS Get sober and stay sober......before you kill yourself or an innocent person.

PSS I have a cousin who killed a family from Canada last year on Christmas eve. His life has been changed and they are dead, all because of a damn beer.

It was a lovely way to spend the holidays in Penna. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

somdprincess

The one and only Princess
Get yourself a lawyer (Lansom is one) Start going to AA meetings NOW. Try to be sincere about. This will look good on your behalf come judgement day.

PS Get sober and stay sober......before you kill yourself or an innocent person.

:yeahthat:

I

Inkpen

PSS I have a cousin who killed a family from Canada last year on Christmas eve. His life has been changed and they are dead, all because of a damn beer.

It was a lovely way to spend the holidays in Penna. :sarcasm:

Yea...do what she says...

Go to Alcohol Progam NOW before Juge sends you...Work with a counselor..go to group, go to AA meetings..at least 2 -3 a week. Do all this NOW before you go to court and you might just get a PBJ.

And just remember as you do all this stuff NOW, it is better than doing it from jail!!

If you dont do it now..then Judge will send you along with big fine, jail time...and MVA will take license....

And STOP drinking and driving before you kill one of us.

Need a ride? Contact the list...better to ask for a ride than ask for help with a 3rd DWI.

What did you blow on meter?

Last edited by a moderator:

MMDad

Lem Putt
That's 100% up to you. If you do what the people above have said, you could keep your license and stay out of jail. If you choose not to, you could be jailed for months. After the judge gets through with you, you get to visit the MVA and start all over trying to convince them that you should keep your license.

Don't try to BS the judge though. They know the system, they know recovery, and they know the law. If you pretend to be sober, but aren't, they'll see through it and throw the book at you.

This is a great time to be 100% honest. Honesty is the only thing that will help you.

Ross905

I'm doing the AA classes. My last one was about 5 years ago and I did get any jail time, but now I am really worried. I know what I did was really stupid. How much time do you think I am looking at? I am worried about losing my job.

Cowgirl

Why are you all giving him advice on how to get off easy??? Just let him get what he deserves.

My BF's coworker just got his 3rd...unfortunately it has been about 10 years since his last one. He'll probably get off easy. The scumbag deserves to really be punished. :mad:

ocean733

I'm doing the AA classes. My last one was about 5 years ago and I did get any jail time, but now I am really worried. I know what I did was really stupid. How much time do you think I am looking at? I am worried about losing my job.

I would figure that they wouldn't want you to lose your job. If you get time, maybe you could request to do it on the weekends.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Why are you all giving him advice on how to get off easy??? Just let him get what he deserves.

I don't see any advice on getting off easy. People are telling him to get sober. Getting sober will do a whole lot more to protect the public than anything a judge can do.

He's going to be on the street again, even if he does time. If he's still drinking, he will offend again. If he's not drinking, he won't.

The judges know this. That's why they are willing to work with a person who is serious about stopping.

Cowgirl

I don't see any advice on getting off easy. People are telling him to get sober. Getting sober will do a whole lot more to protect the public than anything a judge can do.

He's going to be on the street again, even if he does time. If he's still drinking, he will offend again. If he's not drinking, he won't.

The judges know this. That's why they are willing to work with a person who is serious about stopping.

See below.....

You'll be lucky to end up with weekends in jail or work release...Better get on the phone with Larry Lamson, good lawyer in DWI cases.

My advice????? QUIT DRINKING AND DRIVING!

However, you should probably get a GOOD Lawyer (Larry Cumberland is the best in cases like this) then, immediately check and see about getting yourself into a rehab program! You'll be lucky if you can keep your license....they'll probably fine the hell out of you, put a blower in your car and only let you drive to work and home!

Yea...do what she says...

Go to Alcohol Progam NOW before Juge sends you...Work with a counselor..go to group, go to AA meetings..at least 2 -3 a week. Do all this NOW before you go to court and you might just get a PBJ.
And just remember as you do all this stuff NOW, it is better than doing it from jail!!

This is what I was talking about. I hope he doesn't find a good lawyer...that way he'll actually get what he deserves. :shrug: