Moving to Solomons -- no mail delivery??

IanCaw

I'm about to move down the county from Sunderland to Solomons, and the lease for the apartment I'm moving to indicates that mail isn't delivered to Solomons residencies, only businesses. This seems strange to me, but then I can't quite remember ever seeing mailboxes on the streets.

This presents a problem, however, as I'm not quite sure how I will be able to change my drivers' license to a new address, as the MVA requires mail addressed to your current physical address (they won't accept PO Boxes). Does anyone know if mail addressed to a specific street address in Solomons, but also labeled with "PO Box 12345" will get to the PO box, but will then work for the Motor Vehicle offices to change the address?

In other words, for anyone who lives in (or previously lived in) Solomons, how'd you get your drivers license address changed if your mail doesn't show your actual street address?

Thanks if anyone can help!

greyhound

I'm about to move down the county from Sunderland to Solomons, and the lease for the apartment I'm moving to indicates that mail isn't delivered to Solomons residencies, only businesses. This seems strange to me, but then I can't quite remember ever seeing mailboxes on the streets.

This presents a problem, however, as I'm not quite sure how I will be able to change my drivers' license to a new address, as the MVA requires mail addressed to your current physical address (they won't accept PO Boxes). Does anyone know if mail addressed to a specific street address in Solomons, but also labeled with "PO Box 12345" will get to the PO box, but will then work for the Motor Vehicle offices to change the address?

In other words, for anyone who lives in (or previously lived in) Solomons, how'd you get your drivers license address changed if your mail doesn't show your actual street address?

All you need to do is list your street address & PO box.

John doe
0000 1st street, PO box 000
anywhere, usa

P

Patch Tuesday

All places have a physical address, regardless of if the mail actually gets delivered there...

How do you think the fire department puts out the fires?

Or the cops find you if you dial 911 and just breathe heavily?

:popcorn:

IanCaw

All you need to do is list your street address & PO box.

John doe
0000 1st street, PO box 000
anywhere, usa

You mean, list it on your mailing address for various bills and such as that? Ok, that makes sense. I've just never used PO Boxes for, well anything before, as long as that'll get mail delivered to my box but still listing the street address, that sounds perfect.

Thanks for the quick replies.