Insight needed...

Dude... I take it the money you've saved on hand-me down furniture and pots to piss in is gonna be used an a flat screen... huh...:lol:

E

(((echo)))

Dude... I take it the money you've saved on hand-me down furniture and pots to piss in is gonna be used an a flat screen... huh...:lol:

:lol: no
I was gonna do the whole "help a bruddah out" thing but I decided to do it on my own :diva:
I've got pots to piss in, pick'n up furniture this weekend, and some artsy stuff for the walls :bigwhoop:
my only complaint thusfar is that i was making pancakes the other day and forgot to clean the burners before i moved in.....(what ever it was stunk like someones @ss was on fire :dead:

E

(((echo)))

If it's in your budget, I would not spend the money on a plasma without getting at least 1080i resolution. Ideally you should get 1080P...

You can't even fully take advantage of Directv's HD channels without 1080i...

I've got a Panasonic Plasma and it rocks...

:popcorn:

your gonna have to "dumb it down" jus a lil
:lol:
is it a good buy or not

E

(((echo)))

Anything 720P resolution is not a good buy in my opinion...

You need to read up on that stuff before making the purchase...

720P is really like a 1368X720 resolution, which is not a true HD ratio...

You might want to at least wait until Black Friday to see what kind of TV deals shake out. My flat panel was going for around $1,700 last year and I picked it up on Black Friday for $995...

:popcorn:

I aint buying anything right this second, I was gonna wait till this weekend
but thanx for the info :yay:

E

(((echo)))

To the genius that gave me:

"11-13-2007 09:59 PM: the only way to get 1080i is from a DVD or video games. T.V. Satelite or Cable are not running anything in 1080i yet, the most they are doing is 720, so you wasted your money buddy!"

You obviously didn't read:

1080i 1,920x1,080 Includes CBS, NBC, PBS, Discovery HD/Xbox 360

HDTV resolution explained - HDTV World - CNET.com

Considering I've got a PS3 with a Blue Ray...

:whistle:

word through the grapevine is that blue ray isn't gonna pan out, something about to expensive :shrug: