St Mary's Shop with a Cop

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
St. Mary's County Shop With a Cop Program will be on December 22nd, 2007. Officers from all St. Mary's County Law Enforcement Agencies will be on hand to take approximately 100 children in the community shopping. The Shop with a Cop program in Southern Maryland was started by the St. Mary's County Fraternal Order of Police and the Optimist Clubs of St. Mary's County five years ago.

We are a 503(c)(3) charitable organizations and all donations are tax deductible. Please consider donating. Make checks payable to Shop with a Cop Checks can be sent to Det. Bill Raddatz at 23150 Leonard Hall Drive, Leonardtown, Md. 20650.

Richard Cranium

This is really a good cause, don't clutter it up with your police bashing. :smack:

They take some extremely poor children out to shop and that says a great deal.

Yep, and while most of them do notable and worthwhile charity work, a slim minority in St Marys County would take advantage of the situation.

Southern Belle

This is really a good cause, don't clutter it up with your police bashing. :smack:

They take some extremely poor children out to shop and that says a great deal.

This is a great program and it's for the children of our community. My husband and I have volunteered to help and will be working with Bill to make sure these kids have a wonderful time and get the things that they need and want. It's obvious that Richard doesn't have the time to help the children in our community because he's to busy bashing the men and women who are helping.

T

toppick08

Two thumbs up for our local police, both county and state. Keep up the good work and I support the job you do.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Yep, and while most of them do notable and worthwhile charity work, a slim minority in St Marys County would take advantage of the situation.
It's some of the PARENTS who want to take advantage of this program. If you don't believe that, volunteer one year and you'll see what i mean.

This is done entirely on their own time, on a voluntary basis, with no thanks from idiots like you. But ya know what? They don't care, and the vast majority of them don't even have the time or the inclination to even read the forums (and posts like this) because of the schedules they work.

Thanks for posting this Vrai.

Richard Cranium

St Mary's Shop with a Cop 11-19-2007 02:15 PM We will be sure to get your sorry ass when you leave Neptunes one of these nights. Ha Ha Ha

....and people trust someone like you with power? Yeah....

smcop

Two thumbs up for our local police, both county and state. Keep up the good work and I support the job you do.

Shop with a cop is a great program. I have donated my time to it each time they have done it since it started. I get a lot of satisfaction helping these kids who wouldn't have a Christmas without it, through no fault of their own. Often the parents are good parents who have to choose between paying bills or having Christmas, so its nice to help people out.

Despite what the negative writer on this thread would say, Police Officers do get in this line of work to help people.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good...

Shop with a cop is a great program. I have donated my time to it each time they have done it since it started. I get a lot of satisfaction helping these kids who wouldn't have a Christmas without it, through no fault of their own. Often the parents are good parents who have to choose between paying bills or having Chrismas, so its nice to help people out.

Despite what the negative writer on this thread would say, Police Officers do get in this line of work to help people.

...on all of you. :buddies:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Shop with a cop is a great program. I have donated my time to it each time they have done it since it started. I get a lot of satisfaction helping these kids who wouldn't have a Christmas without it, through no fault of their own. Often the parents are good parents who have to choose between paying bills or having Christmas, so its nice to help people out.

for sure. I know a couple who have other jobs and they could choose to just get one steady, good paying job but instead they are Police because they want to help people.

my props to all the good cops out there :cheers:

Southern Belle

Shop with a Cop

My husband and I will be there volunteering. This is a great program. It's a shame Richard doesn't have the heart or time to volunteer to help children.

Richard Cranium

Are you kidding me? You don't know me. You don't know that every time I go to Wal-Mart I pick up an angel off the Christmas tree. You don't know that I'll be serving dinner tonight to homeless in Crofton. You don't know what I do on my weekends for youth....

I do my part, in my way. You all might not see it, but I get satisfaction knowing that I help out in the method that I do.

bcp

In My Opinion
you can shop with a cop anytime you want at the bowie Wal-Mart.
all you have to do is walk in with a baggy jacket on and the cop will follow you all around the store.
its kinda cool.

J

jaybeeztoo

you can shop with a cop anytime you want at the bowie Wal-Mart.
all you have to do is walk in with a baggy jacket on and the cop will follow you all around the store.
its kinda cool.

:killingme You are killing me :killingme