12-year-old suspended after teacher spots toy gun during virtual class

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Reports said the school district, the Widefield District #3, refused to give the Elliott family the recording of the online class, but authorities showed the family a video of the class from a recording from a police body camera.

The boy’s mother said the punishment didn’t fit the crime.

“For them to go as extreme as suspending him for five days, sending the police out, having the police threaten to press charges against him because they want to compare the virtual environment to the actual in-school environment is insane,” said Dani Elliott.

She said she wishes the teacher had reasoned with the parents before condemning the boy.

“If her main concern was his safety, a two-minute phone call to me or my husband could easily have alleviated this whole situation to where I told them it was fake,” said Dani Elliott.

BernieP

Resident PIA
So now that the nanny state is in your house (virtual classroom), they get to dictate what toys are in your house, or on your wall.
Kid in Baltimore got busted because a teacher saw a rifle and a BB gun on a rack and called the cops.
Cops should tell the schools to blow themselves.
If I were parents with kids in school, i would put tape over the camera and block them

PsyOps

Pixelated
If I were parents with kids in school, i would put tape over the camera and block them

Yup! The teacher has no reason to see the students - well, except when the teacher asks the class a question and wants to see a raise of hands. But, if this is what teachers are going to be doing - busting kids for what's in private homes - they haven't earned the right to see anything.

Bonehead

I should stack all my bang sticks up behind my grandsons along with the crates of ammo just to see how long it takes for the SWAT goons to arrive..

Oh maybe not.

CRHS89

Absolutely uncalled for. What I have in my house is no business of my kid's teacher just because we are doing virtual school. It is my home, not their classroom. I swear the world has gone nuts.

UglyBear

Yeah, we put up a cardboard screen behind the kid. Teacher keeps asking to take it down, “to see your wonderful learning space”, and we politely keep telling her to F off. None of their business.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yeah, we put up a cardboard screen behind the kid. Teacher keeps asking to take it down, “to see your wonderful learning space”, and we politely keep telling her to F off. None of their business.
Put this right behind his head, tell the teacher it's "art"

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

you should put up a green screen and stream call of duty or friday the 13th