Nutrias

smilin

BOXER NATION
Now Nutrias are something you had better be worried about. There have been stories of people seeing these things half way across the bay.
If the bay ever freezes over again we may be watching them for real.
Nobody can figure out how to get rid of these 40 inch long rodents!
Maybe we could import some Jaguars.

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
It is my uderstanding that they were brought up from the south and introduced to help boost the fur-brearers income in the 40's.
Now no one will wear fur for fear the will be seen as un-PC and get splashed with a Bucket-o-Blood from the lefties.

If we introduce another non-native species to rid them, then of course we only compound the problem, but you knew that.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the mountain lion sighted in Calif, Md. will have cubs soon :yay:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
There should be a bounty put on them paid by the state, they will ruin habitats quick if they are in enough numbers. Anyone wants to join me I have a couple of AR-15's that would be perfect to take some of these things out.

Mikeinsmd

MD wants you to hunt them too... Season & bag limit below

Species Nutria
Season Aug 1- July 31
Location All Counties*
Daily No Limit
Possesion No Limit

ImnoMensa

I have never quite understood the act of throwing blood on a womans fur coat.

My wife has a nice fur and she wears it for special occasions. If some idiot threw a substance on her coat he would first have me to deal with, and then my wife would get a new coat from the Insurance company, meaning more of their beloved animals would have to die for the new coat.

Pretty stupid if you ask me.

There should be a bounty put on them paid by the state, they will ruin habitats quick if they are in enough numbers. Anyone wants to join me I have a couple of AR-15's that would be perfect to take some of these things out.
There's bounty on them in Louisiana. Think it's $5.00 a tail. Supposed to be good eating, but I ain't eating no swamp rat.

rack'm

Jaded
MD wants you to hunt them too... Season & bag limit below

Species Nutria
Season Aug 1- July 31
Location All Counties*
Daily No Limit
Possesion No Limit

Now that huntr1 has said something about eating them, I wonder what they taste like. :confused: I mean hell, we eat squirrels and they're rats too. :lol:

Mikeinsmd

:lol: Squirrels don't taste like no chicken :yum:
I'm with you. Fried squirrel is good. Maybe these nutrias have some meat on em.

OMG, they are a giant ferret!! :killingme Where's ferretrescue when you need her?

Attachments

• Nutria.jpg
    Nutria.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 73