Paula Deen Down South Cooking Ya'll

Who loves to watch her cook? Doesn't she make your mouth water?:drool:
At at her resturant. Food was NOT very good. Her signature special biscuits are just the cheesy biscuits on the back of the bisquick box. Food was very salty. 2 thumbs down.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Who loves to watch her cook? Doesn't she make your mouth water?:drool:

She is the second most annoying cook next to Rachel Ray, who is #1 annoying.
I happened to watch the show where Paula and wonderful hubby went to France. She was a freakin' idiot who needed a smackdown. What a trainwreck, I HAD to watch :duh: :lol:

dolemite

I happened to watch the show where Paula and wonderful hubby went to France. She was a freakin' idiot who needed a smackdown. What a trainwreck, I HAD to watch :duh: :lol:

Hey Ya'll she loves to talk to her food.:love:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She bugs me and I turn it off when one of her shows comes on. Most Southerners I know say "ya'll" but they say it casually, like it's a normal word for them to use. Paula Dean emphasizes it - YAWWWWWLLLLL - like she has a quota or something.

N

nitwhit3286

Savannah Georgia. The Lady & Sons

I think her food looks yummy but I agree that sometimes the humor and chattiness can be annoying.

we went there....a long while back.....her sons were actually in the restaraunt and my mom and grandma got to meet them. I didn't really care, I was like 12 or so.....but from what I can remember the food was really good!

Jen

:yeahthat:

lovinmaryland

Oh god I saw that show as well ... no wonder they hate americans when we have retards like her representing our country :coffee:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I have one of her cookbooks (thanks Jameo!) that I love. I get to make her recipes without ever having to listen to her.

MMDad

Lem Putt
She bugs me and I turn it off when one of her shows comes on. Most Southerners I know say "ya'll" but they say it casually, like it's a normal word for them to use. Paula Dean emphasizes it - YAWWWWWLLLLL - like she has a quota or something.

It's all part of her "act." It is annoying shtick. I bet if you actually talked to her away from her public persona, she wouldn't talk like that at all.

I also can't understand why people like her cooking. I saw her making burgers once, and they were big enough to feed five people, slathered in butter, and just greasy, disgusting, and gross. There is no way anyone in her family would have lived past 30 or weigh less than 500 lbs. if they really ate like she cooks.

That's why I like Alton Brown. You can tell when he's acting because he puts on a costume and uses silly props. He shows you how to cook real food, and teaches you things you can use in your every day cooking. He's the opposite of Paula Deen.

HumpArump

I love Mrs Dean, have tried to get tickets to the show with no luck. I make her sausage balls all the time.

Gigi

Gigi
I just love Paula Dean... I have every single one of her cookbooks and her book about her life.. I could not put it down... I could be her best friend... We are alike in some ways... One of my greatest hopes would be to meet her... She is a real hoot... I love the way she acts and talks... She is a real person... She has had a hard life but overcame alot and now she is who she is today... Love her ya'll