The sky is blue

GreenHornet

In keeping with my promise to only post serious threads from here on out I offer the following.

On a clear day the sky is indeed Blue because the blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

Peace and love always, your dearest new friend,

GH

In keeping with my promise to only post serious threads from here on out I offer the following.

On a clear day the sky is indeed Blue because the blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

Peace and love always, your dearest new friend,

GH

:buttkick: You forgot to cite your quote - Science Made Simple under Why is the Sky Blue?

:howdy:

GreenHornet

Thank you so much for posting the link to my definition of "why is the sky blue". It's something I felt compelled to share with all of you because it's just one of those things we notice without wonder.

That truly is an amazing website with treasure chests full of valuable information. I encourage everyone here to read as their time permits.

Again,

Warm and joyous wishes to you my new friend on this beautiful Southern Marland Day!

NH

The Dude

You mean coitus?
Thank you so much for posting the link to my definition of "why is the sky blue". It's something I felt compelled to share with all of you because it's just one of those things we notice without wonder.

That truly is an amazing website with treasure chests full of valuable information. I encourage everyone here to read as their time permits.

Again,

Warm and joyous wishes to you my new friend on this beautiful Southern Marland Day!

NH

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: