Chantix

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!
:cool:
I started Chantix last night to stop smoking. Hopefully in 7 days my cigarette habit will be at least half of what it is now. Anyone have any luck with this supposedly miracle drug? TIA

LostAngel

My mom, her fiance, and my aunt all successfully quit with Chantix! They've all been quit for over a year (probably longer) now.

Good luck!

idiganthro

My husband has been using Chantix for about a month now, and all is well so far.
He has experienced a few side effects, namely nausea just after he takes the pill for about 1/2 hour. Eating a little something first seems to help.
He felt better and found his stamina to be improved almost immediately!
Good luck!

CheriAnn

Biker Chick
MIRACLE PILL for hubby and I!!!!!
We both were heavy smokers that tried everything else...the patch, the gum, volunteer study groups for all kinds of new products...the best we did was quit for 2 weeks, but we became so NASTY and GRUMPY to each other that we started smoking again before we killed each other.

Chantix worked immediately for us both! By Day 5 we smoked our last cigarette and never picked one up again. The beauty of Chantix is that it blocks what craves the nicotine so your body does not have any physical withdrawal!!!! :yahoo: We both quit easily and never once tried to kill each other :lmao:

That was back in the beginning of March.
Best of luck to you!!!

keepsmiling

I started Chantix last night to stop smoking. Hopefully in 7 days my cigarette habit will be at least half of what it is now. Anyone have any luck with this supposedly miracle drug? TIA

Hi :howdy:

First off I'm a smoker, just haven't gotten up the nerve to stop again.

Anyway, Whoopi is trying to stop and she had a DR. on the View and he highly recommended Chantix and said it had an excellent success record. Only side effect was nausea. Let me know how it works, who knows I might join you.

Good LUCK!!!!

jackers

Nine months smoke free because of that little wonder pill. Worth every penny.

I took the first month religously. After that was over I fell off the pills mainly because of the upset stomach I would get. If you eat breakfast regularly then you shouldn't have a problem.

I still get the urge every now and then (rarely) but it is easy to dismiss. Get it and keep us informed. Most of all, good luck!!!

R

residentofcre

Hi :howdy:

First off I'm a smoker, just haven't gotten up the nerve to stop again.

Anyway, Whoopi is trying to stop and she had a DR. on the View and he highly recommended Chantix and said it had an excellent success record. Only side effect was nausea. Let me know how it works, who knows I might join you.

Good LUCK!!!!

It doesn't take a lot of nerve with Chantix... It's definitely a lot easier than the patch or any of the other methods I used....

jackers

I actually liked the dreams.

Well, except for the one where the boogy-man was behind my shower curtain. Man, that was a scary morning.

HD7

Sheeesh

Like fort knox trying to get into this forum. Hey guys, the reason I'm here is because of the Chantix thread. I have been off of the Chantix for about 1 1/2 months.

About a month ago I started getting real crabby...I mean REAL crabby. Like absolutely no tolerance for anything. My kids are living in fear. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what it was. My mom looked it up and sure enough, it's a side effect of coming OFF the Chantix. Almost like a withdrawal.

I have no desire to smoke any longer after 25 years. It is indeed an AWESOME feeling. Unfortunately, I want to kill everyone!

Just thought I would share.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Like fort knox trying to get into this forum. Hey guys, the reason I'm here is because of the Chantix thread. I have been off of the Chantix for about 1 1/2 months.

About a month ago I started getting real crabby...I mean REAL crabby. Like absolutely no tolerance for anything. My kids are living in fear. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what it was. My mom looked it up and sure enough, it's a side effect of coming OFF the Chantix. Almost like a withdrawal.

I have no desire to smoke any longer after 25 years. It is indeed an AWESOME feeling. Unfortunately, I want to kill everyone!

you know I felt really good while I was taking the pill however when I ran out of pills I started feeling crabby also. I have not quit smoking yet but it did make it easy the first few weeks.

down from two and a half packs a day to less than a half a pack a day.

I just miss all the gossip in the smoke hole so :doh:

HD7

I'm taking it. It really does work!

There's no doubt that it works and you really don't have to want to quit either. It literally took the desire to smoke away from me. I have maybe wanted a ciggy like once in the last 4 1/2 months. I mean just simply wanting one. It's the side effects after you stop taking it is wehat I'm warning folk about.

I mean it's like a rage of sorts. Something will make me mad and it just stews in me. I constantly want to blow up. Loud noises, confusion, KIDS!!! Just extremely on edge. I've never been like that before.

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!

Thank you for sharing, that's why it took me so long to start taking the Chantix (I've had it in my med cabinet for over 3months). I don't want to get wacko once I get off what I think is a re-calibrated Welbutrin or another another anti-depressent, which is what they earlier prescribed to stop smoking.

sinwagon

I quit for about a month...was a complete basket case and gained 30 pounds! Now I am 30 pounds heavier and I STILL smoke grrr!

kbeachcat123

Jack Russells RULE!
you know I felt really good while I was taking the pill however when I ran out of pills I started feeling crabby also. I have not quit smoking yet but it did make it easy the first few weeks.

down from two and a half packs a day to less than a half a pack a day.

I just miss all the gossip in the smoke hole so :doh:

That's the only thing I'm going to miss, since the witchy wimmens with the good gossip smoke like 3 cigs every 20 minutes, resulting in an estimated workday of oh, say, 20 minutes. But I don't want to be 45 years old and sounding like Lucille Ball.

Good Luck!