Where can I donate toys?

lisa8439

Hello everyone!

My husband has been stationed here at PAX for almost a year now and we really like the area. I've just gone through some of my daughter's toys and I have quite a few that I'd like to donate. All are in good used condition, she just doesn't play with them much anymore, and really she has too many for just one kid :)

Is there sometype of goodwill/thrift store in the area where I could drop these off at? I don't need a receipt or anything, I'd just like to drop them off. Every other base that we have been stationed at has had a thrift store right on base but PAX doesn't have one, right? I can't even seem to find one in the surrounding area (Lexington Park, California, etc.).

Does anyone know of a thrift store/shelter/etc. where I could just drop the toys off at? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

T

toppick08

Hello everyone!

My husband has been stationed here at PAX for almost a year now and we really like the area. I've just gone through some of my daughter's toys and I have quite a few that I'd like to donate. All are in good used condition, she just doesn't play with them much anymore, and really she has too many for just one kid :)

Is there sometype of goodwill/thrift store in the area where I could drop these off at? I don't need a receipt or anything, I'd just like to drop them off. Every other base that we have been stationed at has had a thrift store right on base but PAX doesn't have one, right? I can't even seem to find one in the surrounding area (Lexington Park, California, etc.).

Does anyone know of a thrift store/shelter/etc. where I could just drop the toys off at? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Vintage Values in Leonardtown.:howdy:

lisa8439

Vintage Values in Leonardtown.:howdy:

Thanks! Where is that, exactly? I mean, I know where Leonardtown is, but is it in the downtown area? Do I need to go during business hours or does it have a bin or something where I can just drop the toys at?

Thanks for answering! :)

lisa8439

There is another one outside Gate 2 in the old shopping center where Linda's Cafe is.

OK I know where that is! For some reason I was thinking that was more of a consignment store or something... but as long as I can just drop them off, that will work great!

Thanks everyone!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
OK I know where that is! For some reason I was thinking that was more of a consignment store or something... but as long as I can just drop them off, that will work great!

Thanks everyone!

Drop off during business hours only. :yay:

gingerbreadgurl

Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance!

I donate here, I like to know my things are being used locally and actually BEING used. I have a friend who worked at Melwood Thrift for a little while. They sift through everything, take what they want first, then decide if they think something looks nice enough to keep. Everyone can use SOMETHING when you have NOTHING.

SMILE, Inc.
SMILE Ecumenical Ministries - Index
10290 H.G. Trueman Road
Mailing: P.O. Box 1276, Solomons, MD 20688
Lusby, MD 20657

SMILE is an ecumenical community outreach ministry committed to service in Christ's name. The charity is comprised of seven churches in southern Calvert County whose purpose is to establish and operate an ecumenical ministry to enable people of all denominations to work together to provide food, clothing, and other forms of assistance and support for those in need. Our programs are: Thrift Shop and Jack's Junque Closet, Food Pantry, Holiday Meals and Food Baskets (Thanksgiving and Christmas), Life Styles Ministry, and Ecumenical Worship (Lent, Good Friday "Way-of-the-Cross" Procession, Thanksgiving, and Galilean services). SMILE is the acronym for 'Service Makes Individual Lives Exciting". Volunteers are always welcome. "We Are Partners Working Together For God." (1 Cor.3:9)

GreenHornet

If they are sex toys please donate them to me....

DISCLAIMER: Any future recipients of unintentional degradation and slander will be publicly apologized to in accordance with the Greenhornet public apology guidelines stated in chapter III, page 10, paragraph a5, line II of the Greenhornet Standards Codes and Conduct Manual, Version 3A6905.

Peace and love are abandoning me one by and there's only none left,

GH

meangirl

Nice lady!
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Freecycle! Believe me, people will pick the toys up right away. :yay: