Capital Meats Inc.

luvscats

Has anyone bought meat from this company? Yesterday I bought a chicken and seafood package deal and then once I figured up the cost per pound decided I wanted to return the package to the company. I called them last night and again today but no one has called me back.

Got any ideas or info:doh:? Thx.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Please tell me you didn't buy meat from one of those guys who goes around knocking on peoples' doors.....

luvscats

Please tell me you didn't buy meat from one of those guys who goes around knocking on peoples' doors.....

Why do you think I put the "doh" smilie face at the end of my message. I can't believe I was this stupid. I was busy, preoccupied and the guy just wouldn't shut up. :stupid:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
sorry, I make it a policy never to buy meat from a full sized freezer sitting in the back of a pick-up truck.

Aren't those the guys Sharon threatened to shoot?

Micki

I have bought from them before. Yeah, they are a little pricey but their stuff is top quality in my experience. I doubt if they'll call you back - they don't know what you did with their stuff in the meanwhile.

luvscats

another lesson learned the hard way. The meat does look like good quality and each piece is individually wrapped but I could beat the prices in any groc store. If only I would listen to my inner voice. She always tells me straight - a lesson I learn over and over. oh well, WTH.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why do you think I put the "doh" smilie face at the end of my message. I can't believe I was this stupid. I was busy, preoccupied and the guy just wouldn't shut up.

Oh well - live and learn.

That's okay, I once bought magazines from some gal selling them door to door raising money for college or some such. Never saw her, my magazines or my money again.

birdman

I bought a whole case of steaks from them this year. It may be a tad pricier than the steaks at the grocery stores, but all I have to do is open my freazer and there it is. The two stores I shop at in Mechanicsville don't really offer a good alternative. McKays, the quality of the steaks there are pretty bad. Food Lion, surprisingly, has nice steaks, WHEN they happen to have steaks (they don't carry much of a selection). So, this was a better alternative for me.

As far as returning a purchase after you bought it....what does their return policy state? Unless they say something about 100% moneyback guarantee, I wouldn't expect them to take it back. While it's unfortunate that you got screwed on the price per pound, it certainly isn't their fault.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I bought a whole case of steaks from them this year. It may be a tad pricier than the steaks at the grocery stores, but all I have to do is open my freazer and there it is. The two stores I shop at in Mechanicsville don't really offer a good alternative. McKays, the quality of the steaks there are pretty bad. Food Lion, surprisingly, has nice steaks, WHEN they happen to have steaks (they don't carry much of a selection). So, this was a better alternative for me.

As far as returning a purchase after you bought it....what does their return policy state? Unless they say something about 100% moneyback guarantee, I wouldn't expect them to take it back. While it's unfortunate that you got screwed on the price per pound, it certainly isn't their fault.

Woodburns in Solomons is worth the trip!!

smilin

BOXER NATION
Bought the whole package last year. Some kid in a pickup knocks on door. Starts at something like $400. I hemmed and hawd. He had to call his boss to see if he would take under $200.
Boss said yes, so I bought fish, steaks (lot of) and shrimp. Turned out to be a good deal.
It is great to have a freezer full all at once.
I believe the company has a full refund policy. If you have a problem call the states attorney's office.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I've had the kid in the red truck with a cooler in the back stop at the house several times but never bought anything.

I love Nicks in PF and their prices are very reasonable. :yay:

birdman

Woodburns in Solomons is worth the trip!!

100% agree they have great steaks (among many other things), but when I'm working outside all day during the summer and decide at 7pm that I want to throw a steak on the BBQ and relax, it's alot easier to open my freazer door than drive to Solomons and back!

mainman

Set Trippin
I've had the kid in the red truck with a cooler in the back stop at the house several times but never bought anything.

I love Nicks in PF and their prices are very reasonable. :yay:
I have filled my freezer to the top from nicks around $200

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Where in PF is Nick's BTW? May have to check em out.

Going North on 4, it's in the shopping center across the street from Giant. You can actually turn left on Stoakley Rd. (hospital intersetion) and then turn left into shopping center.