It's Petezaa 2007!!!

I plan on attending the Petezaa Feast

• Total voters

Pete

Repete
Today December 5th begins the SOMD celebration of Petezaa. This year Petezaa is 5 years old. Founded by Pete in 2003 as his personal version of the modern made up holiday of Kwanzaa, Petezaa spans 8 days from December 5th - 12th. Contrary to popular belief Petezaa is not a celebration of all things Pete, although that is a damn good idea, but a holiday that means pretty much nothing.

Each day of Petezaa participants follow a theme that is randomly made up by the founder of Petezaa, PETE!.

Today being the first day of Petezaa 2007 we all should take a few moments to reflect on the things that are important to us. Petezaa revelers should make it a point to follow the themes for each day of the celebration. Also you should take the effort to send tidings of good cheer to the First Saint of Petezaa, Otter. It is also the duty of all Petezaa celebrants to promote Petezaa to those who do not know about it.

In years past Petezaa has had a rocky time. Lack of attention, appreciation, lethargy all have caused Petezaa, the official holiday of nothing, to suffer. This year will be different.

For those of you who are new to Petezaa it was created by me in 2003 in answer to Kwanzaa. One night when assisting Boy in homework he asked "What is Kwanzaa?" So we looked it up anticipating it to be some ancient African tradition brought to modern times from the Dark Continent. Much to my amusement it was actually just made up. Yes some guy just made it up. Dr. Maulana Karenga, a professor at Cal State Long Beach in 1966.

So I decided that if he could, so could I and thus Petezaa was born. Kwanzaa has 7 days so not wanting to be outdone in the made-up holiday category Petezaa is 8 days. Beginning on December 5th and ending midnight on the 12th.

Each day has a theme of some sort and to encourage spontaneity and creativeness I make it up as it goes, even take suggestions. Unlike those other made-up holidays Petezaa is interactive.

So hopefully each of you has your Petezaa tree up and some Petezaa decorations (which are very similar to Christmas decorations to save time and money) and are in the spirit for a fun filled 8 days of Petezaa.

Today December 5th is the first day of Petezaa and I as the founder of Petezaa proclaim it “Petezaa Ambassador day”. You as faithful Petezaa celebrants should endeavor to tell at least 3 people the story of Petezaa and recruit them to Petezaa because everyone should celebrate a holiday about absolutely nothing. All persons should come back here and post the stories of the experience here in this thread. Extra Petezaa points are earned for creativity, humorous reactions, and boldness.

In addition as a solemn tribute to Petezaa the first day of Petezaa shall be a celibate say. From 12AM until 11:59 on the 5th all Petezaa celebrants shall not engage in any “Boom Boom”. If you must you must serve a penalty by buying the Petezaa founder (me) and the 1st Saint of Petezaa (Otter) Miller Lite at Jethros on a date mutually agreed upon.

This year Petzaa falls on the first day of Hanukah. For all my Jewish friends I understand that Hanukah is a real holiday and should there be any conflicts in the rituals or traditions between Hanukah (real holiday) and Petezaa (fake holiday) Hanukah trumps Petezaa but you must pay a tithe to the founder and the 1st Saint of Petezaa in the form of Miller Lite.

RSVP for the Petezaa Feast at Jethro's over on Solomons 7PM, Saturday the 8th, by voting in the poll.

Last edited:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Today December 5th begins the SOMD celebration of Petezaa. This year Petezaa is 5 years old. Founded by Pete in 2003 as his personal version of the modern made up holiday of Kwanzaa, Petezaa spans 8 days from December 5th - 12th. Contrary to popular belief Petezaa is not a celebration of all things Pete, although that is a damn good idea, but a holiday that means pretty much nothing.

Each day of Petezaa participants follow a theme that is randomly made up by the founder of Petezaa, PETE!.

Today being the first day of Petezaa 2007 we all should take a few moments to reflect on the things that are important to us. Petezaa revelers should make it a point to follow the themes for each day of the celebration. Also you should take the effort to send tidings of good cheer to the First Saint of Petezaa, Otter. It is also the duty of all Petezaa celebrants to promote Petezaa to those who do not know about it.

In years past Petezaa has had a rocky time. Lack of attention, appreciation, lethargy all have caused Petezaa, the official holiday of nothing, to suffer. This year will be different.

For those of you who are new to Petezaa it was created by me in 2003 in answer to Kwanzaa. One night when assisting Boy in homework he asked "What is Kwanzaa?" So we looked it up anticipating it to be some ancient African tradition brought to modern times from the Dark Continent. Much to my amusement it was actually just made up. Yes some guy just made it up. Dr. Maulana Karenga, a professor at Cal State Long Beach in 1966.

So I decided that if he could, so could I and thus Petezaa was born. Kwanzaa has 7 days so not wanting to be outdone in the made-up holiday category Petezaa is 8 days. Beginning on December 5th and ending midnight on the 12th.

Each day has a theme of some sort and to encourage spontaneity and creativeness I make it up as it goes, even take suggestions. Unlike those other made-up holidays Petezaa is interactive.

So hopefully each of you has your Petezaa tree up and some Petezaa decorations (which are very similar to Christmas decorations to save time and money) and are in the spirit for a fun filled 8 days of Petezaa.

Today December 5th is the first day of Petezaa and I as the founder of Petezaa proclaim it “Petezaa Ambassador day”. You as faithful Petezaa celebrants should endeavor to tell at least 3 people the story of Petezaa and recruit them to Petezaa because everyone should celebrate a holiday about absolutely nothing. All persons should come back here and post the stories of the experience here in this thread. Extra Petezaa points are earned for creativity, humorous reactions, and boldness.

In addition as a solemn tribute to Petezaa the first day of Petezaa shall be a celibate say. From 12AM until 11:59 on the 5th all Petezaa celebrants shall not engage in any “Boom Boom”. If you must you must serve a penalty by buying the Petezaa founder (me) and the 1st Saint of Petezaa (Otter) Miller Lite at Jethros on a date mutually agreed upon.

This year Petzaa falls on the first day of Hanukah. For all my Jewish friends I understand that Hanukah is a real holiday and should there be any conflicts in the rituals or traditions between Hanukah (real holiday) and Petezaa (fake holiday) Hanukah trumps Petezaa but you must pay a tithe to the founder and the 1st Saint of Petezaa in the form of Miller Lite.

....Petezaa but you must pay a tithe to the founder and the 1st Saint of Petezaa in the form of Miller Lite... :yay:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly

Well this day will be easy for me, except for the looks I get when I tell people of Petezaa.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I just explained it to my younger partner here at the firm. He likes the idea...thinks Otter will make out well. He's interested in the activities of Petezaa and was amused at the creation of the holiday. Typical of an attorney, he asked if there was any documentation. :lol:

Pete

Repete
I just explained it to my younger partner here at the firm. He likes the idea...thinks Otter will make out well. He's interested in the activities of Petezaa and was amused at the creation of the holiday. Typical of an attorney, he asked if there was any documentation. :lol:

Be sure he knows that since I used Petezaa and published it here I have trademark rights to my own made up holiday.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Clarification please....Does no "boom boom" mean no #2 in the toilet or does no "boom boom" mean no bangbangbang? :confused:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I've been bumping Petezza treads and started a tread today wishing everyone a Happy Petezaa...Do I get extra points?

BTW Otter, :love: Happy Petezaa you Saint you. :biggrin:

onebdzee

off the shelf

Does it count if you just think about it?

Pete

Repete
I've been bumping Petezza treads and started a tread today wishing everyone a Happy Petezaa...Do I get extra points?

BTW Otter, :love: Happy Petezaa you Saint you. :biggrin:

Yes, an extra 10 points for you! Now go tell 3 people about Petezaa and come back and post their response. :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
First response from a co-worker: "How do we greet each other for the next eight days? Do we say "Merry" Petezza or "Happy" Petezza?