Boy Scouts and Gay Rights Again.........

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Boy scouts lose Philadelphia lease in gay-rights fight

"PHILADELPHIA: For three years the Philadelphia council of the Boy Scouts of America held its ground. It resisted the city's request to change its discriminatory policy toward gay people despite threats that if it did not do so, the city would evict the group from a municipal building where the Scouts have resided practically rent free since 1928.

Hailed as the birthplace of the Boy Scouts, the Beaux Arts building is the seat of the seventh-largest chapter of the organization and the first of the more than 300 council service centers built by the Scouts around the country over the past century."

Boy scouts lose Philadelphia lease in gay-rights fight - International Herald Tribune

ImnoMensa

Philadelphia.

Where 6 cops got shot in the last month. Where people are dying on the streets in ratio's comparable to Baghdad. Drugs crime, brutality rampant.

Now they attack the boy scouts because the boy scouts stand for God and Country and Clean living , and try to give these boys something to do instead of running the streets.

The city of Brotherly love, I guess the city takes that as meaning packing your brothers fudge.

When is America going to get a bellyful of perverts striking at the morals of the children in this country. If you want to be queer pick on people your own age. leave the Boy scouts alone.

Xaquin44

Man good. Screw the scouts (teehee haha) for being anti gay. Oh well you can learn values and the advantages of being prepared and all sorts of useful things not to mention friendships and confidence.

unless you're one of them gays!

What does being gay or straight have to do with being a scout?

the answer is nothing.

Bonehead

Scouts will not permit openly gay members or Leaders. Simple if you are gay go some place else. What is so difficult to understand about that ?

Xaquin44

Scouts will not permit openly gay members or Leaders. Simple if you are gay go some place else. What is so difficult to understand about that ?

Because it's the same as saying If you are black or a jew or mexican or Bonehead go someplace else.

they are Boyscouts not straight boyscouts.

edit: 'What does being gay or straight have to do with being a scout?" Loosen up some of that packed fudge and maybe you'll be able to finger it out on your own.

I have a wife and child and am an eagle scout, but I guess you know me better than I do!

Last edited:

Xaquin44

So does Larry Craig. What's your point?

The point I was making is that you like men.

edit:

The karma accusing you of being gay wasn't from me. But you are an idiot. ~MMDad

I never said it was ....

but holy crap, you get green for being the second person ever to sign red!

Last edited:

ImnoMensa

Because it's the same as saying If you are black or a jew or mexican or Bonehead go someplace else.

they are Boyscouts not straight boyscouts.

edit: 'What does being gay or straight have to do with being a scout?" Loosen up some of that packed fudge and maybe you'll be able to finger it out on your own.

I have a wife and child and am an eagle scout, but I guess you know me better than I do!

No YOU are wrong, they are straight boy scouts and they want to stay that way. Whats wrong with that. If the gays wish to have their own scouts they should organise it.

Why is it, those in this forum who agree with the scout policy are called gay. THAT is absolutely stupid.

Xaquin44

No YOU are wrong, they are straight boy scouts and they want to stay that way. Whats wrong with that. If the gays wish to have their own scouts they should organise it.

Why is it, those in this forum who agree with the scout policy are called gay. THAT is absolutely stupid.

why does it matter.

I'm an eagle scout. Want to know how much Gay or Straight came up in the 5 years I was in scouts?

who cares if you're gay or straight .... the purpose of Boyscouts is not to discriminate.

edit: and I called you gay because you were calling people gay .... I thought we were pretending we were 12 or something.

why does it matter.

I'm an eagle scout. Want to know how much Gay or Straight came up in the 5 years I was in scouts?

who cares if you're gay or straight .... the purpose of Boyscouts is not to discriminate.

edit: and I called you gay because you were calling people gay .... I thought we were pretending we were 12 or something.
Being gay is interpreted as being in violation of the bible, and thus a violation of the Scout Oath.

On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

Xaquin44

yes, but god says to love thy neighbor not discriminate them for being different.

I'm not turning this into a god thing.

We never once prayed in scouts.

We learned how to be good people. Also how to make a fire out of practically anything.

edit: ok, we said a short (like 15 seconds) grace before dinner at camp, but thats it.

Xaquin44

As a boy scout, we had a Scout's Own Service Sunday morning on EVERY hike and/or campout.

guess my troop was different (1321) (also 1781) (In LaPlata)

either way.

If it's because of god then why can Catholics, JW's, mormons, muslims, episcopalians, luthrens, jews, etc. etc. all join. They all hold a different set of beliefs.

They aren't discriminated against. Blacks were discriminated against before the late 20s and now they can join. The fact of the matter is there is no good reason they can't join.

It's a disgrace and a shame.

guess my troop was different (1321) (also 1781) (In LaPlata)

either way.

If it's because of god then why can Catholics, JW's, mormons, muslims, episcopalians, luthrens, jews, etc. etc. all join. They all hold a different set of beliefs.

They aren't discriminated against. Blacks were discriminated against before the late 20s and now they can join. The fact of the matter is there is no good reason they can't join.

It's a disgrace and a shame.
It's belief in God, not Christian God. Any God. You can be a scout if you are a Pagan. You have to believe in a higher power. Doesn't matter which one. You can even pray to the Flying Spegetti Monster if you want and still be a scout.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Scouts own the building, City owns the land. They want $200K in rent for the land... WTF? Forget the whole discrimination thing for a minute, that's highway robbery.

Xaquin44

It's belief in God, not Christian God. Any God. You can be a scout if you are a Pagan. You have to believe in a higher power. Doesn't matter which one. You can even pray to the Flying Spegetti Monster if you want and still be a scout.

then what does being gay have to do with anything but discrimination?

Xaquin44

Scouts own the building, City owns the land. They want $200K in rent for the land... WTF? Forget the whole discrimination thing for a minute, that's highway robbery.

yeah, that is kind of crazy .... but then so is keeping gay kids from scouts so who are they to talk.

all the same, that is pretty lame.