Remodeling

lips_sealed

i love a man's forearms
I want to remodel my house, add a few rooms, expand one side. Before hiring a contractor to do it, I want someone to come in and look at my place, and listen to my ideas, and then draw it up for me.

Would I need a designer or an architet for that?

GreenHornet

That's a pretty major remodel. I would definately hire an architect if I were you. Most architects will come to your house and put your preliminary plans into a laptop so you can play around with different ideas and get a good idea as to how things will turn out in the end.

Good luck and have fun!

GH

vbailey

vbailey
That's a pretty major remodel. I would definately hire an architect if I were you. Most architects will come to your house and put your preliminary plans into a laptop so you can play around with different ideas and get a good idea as to how things will turn out in the end.

Good luck and have fun!

GH

Most Contactors will have an architect they like to work with. When hubby and I had our house built we drew the best picture we could ( which was pretty awesome, hubby is a survyor ) explained to the builder what we wanted and his architect made all the Blue Prints for us. Talk to your contractor first.Plus he had a 3D thing so we could see what the house/rooms/etc would look like almost real! It was really neat! And fun to do.

BigDogT

Builders/remodeling contractors

Ya'll may be a little out of touch with what's available with respect to remodeling contractors/builders. There are many contractors that are doing there own design and building. Granted an architect has a lot of value for some people, a good contractor that has experience (both design and construction) will offer the best value. Anticipating problems and having experience with solutions will play in their favor over your average architect. I am a builder/remodeler and do most of our own design, whether it be for remodeling or new construction. We have many referals for design and construction on existing homes that, once completed, you could not tell (negatively) that the home had been remodeled or added on to. Keep in mind, much like an architect is trained, the average builder/contractor follows the same basic rule....form follows function.