You know your from Maryland......

Dede

Go Jeff Gordon
To those of us who grew up and are from Balmer, Maryland hon.

Enjoy
You know you're from Maryland when :

You rode on street cars.

You remember the Bay Belle cruise that took you to Betterton and Tolchester beaches before the Bay Bridge was built.

You watched on TV the shows Duckpins for Dollars, The Collegians, Pinbusters . . .

You also watched the Buddy Deane Show and Romper Room and Stu Kerr as Professor Cool.

You know how to pronounce "Towson."

You remember what the Inner Har bor looked like before it was the Inner Harbor.
You remember when White Marsh was just a marsh!

You ate at Pollack Johnnie's, Bel-Loc Diner, Little Tavern, Gino's, Read's . . .

You remember Friendship Airport.

You remember driving over the old Kent Narrows Draw-Bridge that sn arled weekend traffic coming home from the Oc ean.

You love the Domino Sugar sign y ou can see across the harbor and the Bromo Seltzer Tower.

You remember the rotating restaurant on top off the Holiday Inn on Light Street.

You know Annapolis and Hopkins are national treasures, and you get a kick out of hearing them named in movies or TV.

You know B&O is not body odor.

You remember the wo nderful spicy downtown smell of McCormic k's.

Every kitchen has a can of Old Bay and King Syrup.

You refer to your state as "Murilyn."

You and your Mom shopped at Braeger Gutman's, Hutzler's, Stewa rt's, The May Company, Epstein's, Woolworth's . . .

Shopping on The Avenue meant Eastern Avenue in Highlandtown.

You know where "Downey Ocean" is.

You remember the Civic Center, Gwynn Oak Park, and Carlin's Park.

You know Pam Shriver is from Maryland.

You know how to eat steamed crabs, but also know how to tell the males from the females.

You don't think that Assawoman Bay is a strange name.

M R Ducks makes perfect sense.

You have fond memories of Memorial S tadium.

You still root for the Orioles even when they
aren't doing well.

Everybody knows what a "zink " and "payment" are.

When anywhere else, you can only laugh when you see signs saying "Maryla nd Crab Cakes!"

You say "Blare Road" for Bel Air Road
You remember Jerry Turner and Al Sanders.

You remember Oprah and Richard Sher together
in the mornings on Ch-13.

Vince Bagli was "the" sports announcer on TV.

You remember Mayor Schaeffer swimming with the seals at the National Aquarium.

You swore Frank Perdue kinda looked like one of his tender chickens.

You know which bridge they're talking about when someone says, "The bridge traffic is backed up."

You revere the names of Johnny U, Brooks, Frank, Boog and Cal!

You actually understand all of these and pass them on to other Marylanders to enjoy!!

:diva:

Toxick

Splat
You watched on TV the shows Duckpins for Dollars, The Collegians, Pinbusters . . .

You also watched the Buddy Deane Show and Romper Room and Stu Kerr as Professor Cool.

You know how to pronounce "Towson."

You ate at Pollack Johnnie's, Bel-Loc Diner, Little Tavern, Gino's, Read's . . .

You know B&O is not body odor.

You remember the wonderful spicy downtown smell of McCormick's.

Every kitchen has a can of Old Bay and King Syrup.

You and your Mom shopped at Hutzler's, Stewart's, Epstein's, Woolworth's . . .

Shopping on The Avenue meant Eastern Avenue in Highlandtown.

You know where "Downey Ocean" is.

You remember the Civic Center

You know how to eat steamed crabs, but also know how to tell the males from the females.

M R Ducks makes perfect sense.

You have fond memories of Memorial Stadium.

Everybody knows what a "zink " and "payment" are.

When anywhere else, you can only laugh when you see signs saying "Maryland Crab Cakes!"

You say "Blare Road" for Bel Air Road

You remember Jerry Turner and Al Sanders.

You remember Oprah and Richard Sher together in the mornings on Ch-13.

You know which bridge they're talking about when someone says, "The bridge traffic is backed up."

You revere the names of Johnny U, Brooks, Frank, Boog and Cal!

You actually understand all of these and pass them on to other Marylanders to enjoy!!

Yeah - all those...

A lot of the ones in the original, you have to be older than dirt to remember. (I edited out the ones that were before my time).

Since they mentioned local celebs like Stu Kerr, Richard Sher, Jerry Turner and (God help us all) Oprah, I'm surprised there wasn't mention of Captain Chesapeake and show's like, "It's Academic" and "Head's Up!" ( I was on Head's Up in 4th grade! :howdy: )

And no mention of The Block. WTF?

Ah, Balmer.... my home town. I used to love thee.

It's too bad that it's such a ####hole now that I'd rather be punched in the head than set foot in it.

Last edited:

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
You forgot Capt. Chesapeake and Mondy (pronounced Moan-dee) the Sea Monster. One of Balmers greatest T.V. shows. I can honestly say I don't miss the place very much but loved growing up there.

SweetThang

more-

Blob's Park
Hollywood Park
Rhapsody Club
Two Guys
Robert Halls
Bailey Goss
Champs
Ameches
Mago Vista Beach Club
The Verdicts and Upsetters

B

Bronwyn

Fort carol... gosh, what was the name of that dang park right under the bridge?

ImnoMensa

The thing I remember most about Memorial Park was that there was no sense in leaving the Park before the game was over, You werent going anywhere until everyone else did.
They parked you bumper to Bumper.

I also remember when the block ran 3 blocks, and the big McCormicks building.

Did any of you motorcycle riders know that Daniels the bar on Rt. 1 at Elkridge that has stools you can drink beer on ,right along the highway only closes on Christmas day. If it ever close any other day they cannot use the stools any more. Lets not forget the Calvert Distillery, and the old Montgomery Wards. and the "His Masters Voice" dog on the street leading to the stadiums.