Need Help

Elmo

The company I work with is having a Christmas Party and we are doing a chinese gift exchange. What would be the perfect gift? The price range is $20 to $30. Your help is greatly appericated.

Thanks in advance

mrweb

Iron City
The company I work with is having a Christmas Party and we are doing a chinese gift exchange. What would be the perfect gift? The price range is $20 to $30. Your help is greatly appericated.

Thanks in advance

Why do they have to be Chinese gifts? :twitch:

Elmo

Why do they have to be Chinese gifts? :twitch:

They don't have to be chinese gifts its a chinese gift exchange. How it works is one person goes up and picks a gift and opens it in front of everyone, then the next person goes up and picks a gift and opens it in fornt of everyone, but if that person dosen't like the gift and likes what the person in front of them got they can take their gift. And so on...

tiltedangel

Thanks in advance

maybe something like a wawa gift card it can be used for gas or anything they want from there and is not gender specific...just a thought..and if you know they like coffee then there is always starbucks or the dunkin donuts too....

Last edited:
Scratch offs in a Christmasy container! Spend the allotted cash on a variety of scratch offs. Be sure do to a mix of denominations... a couple $5 tickets, some $2, some $1. It will be a hit!

kalmd

Our office does this. Last year's big hit gift was one of those fake fish aquariums motion pictures. Scratch off tickets are usually good too.

tiltedangel

Scratch offs in a Christmasy container! Spend the allotted cash on a variety of scratch offs. Be sure do to a mix of denominations... a couple $5 tickets, some $2, some $1. It will be a hit!

some people like scratch offs but if they are all losers then that really sucks which always happens to me...so i don't like scratch offs....every year i get ten of them from someone and they never win so the buyer is out the money they spent and the reciever got ten pieces of worthless cardboard....i realize it is the thought that counts and they have the potential to be big winners...but if they arent then really whoever you bought them for didn't get anything....so i never give them as a gift...

some people like scratch offs but if they are all losers then that really sucks which always happens to me...so i don't like scratch offs....every year i get ten of them from someone and they never win so the buyer is out the money they spent and the reciever got ten pieces of worthless cardboard....i realize it is the thought that counts and they have the potential to be big winners...but if they arent then really whoever you bought them for didn't get anything....so i never give them as a gift...

This is for a Chinese gift exchange. There will be a number in the group who would very much enjoy stealing this gift from the the holder just for the sheer fun of hoping for a payoff when the scratching is done. Not everybody is keen on yet another Yankee candle or set of travel mugs.

tiltedangel

you are very right...i was just voicing my opinion on the scratch off simply because i usually get them and so does the rest of my family as gifts and they scratch and win and i scratch and lose....so it is like this running joke...they all say thanks for the 50.00 or what ever they won and then it comes to me and i smile and say ummm thanks for .......nothing? then i put them in my purse to take them home and throw them away.. i would much rather have a heart felt merry christmas than a scratch off...that is all...maybe you will get the scratch offs! woohoo!

Callie girl

I just picked something up for our family one and oops can't say on here...
My sister will see, I will put it in your karma

mainman

Set Trippin
My office does this too, there are like 40 boxes under the tree... all different types of alcohol... I am wrapping an AA book this year....:killingme

Seamaid

I got that at my Christmas Party and we did the Chinese Gift Exchange, I really liked it and won $20!

SAB

Shirley
Try something that looks cheap at first glance. At our office last year, no one wanted this Christmas pin but when the person who kept it looked under the gift box, there was a $50 bonus.