Jet engine noise at 2145pm?

dgates80

Land of the lost
WTF! Sounds like high power engine turnups going on over at the base. They should not be doing this stuff this late in the evening! Jeez!

And i usually don't care about noise coming from the base, but this is both sustained and LOUD

GreenHornet

Normally they don't do high power engine runs after 2100 unless they have authorization from the base quarter deck. Maybe the jet has to be up for an important test flight tomorrow?

I know it can get irritating just hang in there I'm sure they have a good reason....

GH

frequentflier

happy to be living
Get some ear plugs and stop whining.

I thought you were turning over a new leaf, GH. That wasn't very nice. The noise is very loud and since we live so close to a nuclear power plant, it is a bit unsettling!

dgates80

Land of the lost

I thought you were turning over a new leaf, GH. That wasn't very nice. The noise is very loud and since we live so close to a nuclear power plant, it is a bit unsettling!

Maybe he is just getting into the Petezza spirit, after all, today is "Be Rude" day....

dgates80

Land of the lost
I am hearing traffic on the scanner about it, the cop said that "it was shaking his car" and they called the gas plant, they think it is coming from Pax river....

GreenHornet

My new leaf gets brought up alot. some times my old leaf falls from the tree.... I am only a human being trying to be helpfull and neighborly. My meds are taking me now must not resit the urge to powere down. My body has battery drined down now and I must go hibernate precisly 9.3 hours t 69 degrees for the tests to run smooth. a smooth test willl produce the greaset results and help other sufferrers who o=like to be noramal but have orblems, hosts of messy drk corners they place you in, some to be seen in dayligh for the faces are so frail, more pills is what this ones getes. so sadd fo those ones.jhe ke3klr wating for my turnnnnnnnnmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

ghh

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenHornet

Mind contrrol has taken full effect, must go lie down now....sleep is coming for me, sleep is comin to take me away to the scary plcae that finds there in the dep black hole of lost memories and faded love. entities rule that once pecaefull hole but no goo is banished and I must go to pay my price. pulling and tugging am so close.....

The pain, the hate the discfort holds me strong..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I'm waisted!!!! no help for thewaisted mind of teh GH.

Trick or treat

TexasSunflower

Support Our Troops!
They are working on a couple of f-18's and EA-6B's. Sorry it's bothering ya'll! But they gotta do what they gotta do! Price we pay for living around an air base!

Last edited:
W

Wenchy

They are working on a couple of f-18's and EA-6B's that have to be up and running by tomorrow. Sorry it's bothering ya'll! But they gotta do what they gotta do! Price we pay for living around an air base!

:yay: :buddies:

Not to mention most of the livelihoods in that area come directly from the base. :lol:

dgates80

Land of the lost
LOL, it's not only the price you pay, it's what you agree to when you buy a house in Saint Mary's.

If you carefully read a real estate sales contract, there's a blurb in there about aircraft noise. Basically it says that if you buy a house here, you agree that you're going to tolerate that noise and hold all parties not responsible for your unhappiness...

:whistle:

Yeah, but I am in Calvert about six or seven miles from the base as the crow flies....

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
They are working on a couple of f-18's and EA-6B's that have to be up and running by tomorrow. Sorry it's bothering ya'll! But they gotta do what they gotta do! Price we pay for living around an air base!

They where doing some jet blast at around 2300 over at TPS, not sure how far away they can be heard, but its just background noise now.