Apex Theater Prince Frederick

MyDarlin

MyDarlin
Does anyone know who owns or operates this 'dump'?
I took my son tonight for what used to be $5 Tuesday to find out it was $8.50/adult. My feet stuck to the floors even though signs posted said "Floors mopped between shows". The place smelled damp, musty, with an old-food smell. It really was awful. If I hadn't promised my son, I would have asked for a refund.
I have a difficult time believing this is the only theater that serves Calvert County with mid-to-high income residents and is in this condition.
Just had to vent my frustration with this hole-in-the-wall.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I took my son tonight for what used to be $5 Tuesday to find out it was $8.50/adult. My feet stuck to the floors even though signs posted said "Floors mopped between shows". The place smelled damp, musty, with an old-food smell. It really was awful. If I hadn't promised my son, I would have asked for a refund.
I have a difficult time believing this is the only theater that serves Calvert County with mid-to-high income residents and is in this condition.

:yeahthat: It is a TOTAL dump! And it's run like a little fiefdom.

When I moved here, I was highly disappointed with the way it is run and the condition of it in general. Not to mention they are charging very high prices for everything - where is all that money going? I understand the cost of living in this area is higher - but that theater doesn't reflect it. It reminds me of a dive in a seedy part of a big city.

Where we moved from (FL) there were several matinees earlier than 12pm on Sat/Sun and we would usually go to those, because it worked out better for 1 of my kids. Also, all movies before 5pm were considered matinees and were $5. Granted, there were 7 theaters since it was a Cineplex or some such name. Also, movies stayed longer and we could plan to go when the crowds were lower. That's hard to do here with some movies. I've been shocked when a movie was gone in one week after I'd already told the kids we'd go see it "next week".

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I also complain about wanting to see a particular movie and then Apex chooses not to carry it. :tantrum:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Until they're de-ghetto'd... they're doomed to remain that vile.

If you want to "enjoy" a movie down here, wait for the DVD.

B

Bronwyn

I haven't been there in years and the one in St. Mary's isn't much better.

I went once and the seat I first picked smelled like pee. So gross. I will go to Annaplois or Waldorf before I will go to the local theaters if it can be helped.

zigg72md

I'm lucky because I have family in Waldorf and Annapolis. Waldorf mall theater isn't great but its much better then PF(Just don't forget your flack jacket....lol). I personally go to the movie theater at Anapolis mall. I think its worth the drive.

That's why I built a home theatre. Couldn't stand the smell, the mess, the cost. And I can hit "pause" if I need to run to the head!

Last edited:

Khurley

It smelled like that 15 years ago - being the last time I have ever been in there. We go to Annapolis or we wait for the DVD!

vbailey

vbailey
Arundal Mills Mall has the best!! It is a ways to go but I love the Mall so we just make a day out of it. I only go to the movies once or twice a year any way. I wait till it comes out on DVD. Just got a new Home Theater, bose system and 73inch TV so we could watch movies at home. The new Large Screen Store in Waldorf is awesome, ask for Steve he will give you a great deal!!

MDChick

I went once and the seat I first picked smelled like pee. So gross. I will go to Annaplois or Waldorf before I will go to the local theaters if it can be helped.

Yes, the Waldorf theater itself is slightly better... if you can deal with the other "patrons". I personally can't and won't be returning any time soon.

beamher

Arundal Mills Mall has the best!! It is a ways to go but I love the Mall so we just make a day out of it. I only go to the movies once or twice a year any way. I wait till it comes out on DVD. Just got a new Home Theater, bose system and 73inch TV so we could watch movies at home. The new Large Screen Store in Waldorf is awesome, ask for Steve he will give you a great deal!!

we take the drive to arundel mills as well. and haven't had the funds to do the home theater as we would like too. :popcorn: so roughly how much is needed to do one of these things??

Solja_Boy

The Prince Frederick theature is a dump and it is still 10 times better that the theature in lexington park.