Jeff

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
One of the stabbing victims is/was chasing the stabber... Police with him now suspect was identified by the victim.

kom526

Valley Lee, Piney Point Tall Timbers area. The stabbing happened down off McKay's Beach Road.

kom526

One of the victims is being flown out. LZ is in Callaway. Jeff is much better at all this than I am.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Sorry, had just gotten to work at the time this was going on and wouldn't you know it, they asked me to do something. :lmao: I am going to have to straighten these people out!

I could tell my scanner was busy but I could not put my finger on what the deal was.

WTF is going on down in the 2nd district?!?!

Fights, stabbing car chase....

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
BTW. @ 0125 I caught Trooper 7 Inbound to SM Airport coming back from most likely hauling the Patient from this incident. I may have some more on this once I get home in the morning as I have a scanner recording all of Trooper 7 Comms as well as all other MSP helos. I also have the freq. for the Medic in the back when he is talking with PG Shock Trauma or whatever hopsital they are enroute to. So I may have something on the actual medical comnditon of the individual recorded as well. Usually do when any MSP helo has been called into play.

BTW a couple of good frequencies for those of you with scanners.
44.74 (FM) MSP HELOS (SYSCOM)
47.66 (FM) MSP HELOS (Medic to Hosp)

Last edited:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
One of the victims is being flown out. LZ is in Callaway. Jeff is much better at all this than I am.

:lmao: Nah. Just used to doing this sort of thing on Military Aircraft Frequencies. You REALLY have to learn to focus when doing that stuff. People think Police scanners are fast. You try to follow the action of 8-12 F-22 Raptors out over the Atlantic in a practice 4v4 or 6v6 Combat Manuevering Scenerio if you want to listen to something with some fast action.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
BTW. @ 0125 I caught Trooper 7 Inbound to SM Airport coming back from most likely hauling the Patient from this incident. I may have some more on this once I get home in the morning as I have a scanner recording all of Trooper 7 Comms as well as all other MSP helos. I also have the freq. for the Medic in the back when he is talking with PG Shock Trauma or whatever hopsital they are enroute to. So I may have something on the actual medical comnditon of the individual recorded as well. Usually do when any MSP helo has been called into play.

BTW a couple of good frequencies for those of you with scanners.
44.74 (FM) MSP HELOS (SYSCOM)
47.66 (FM) MSP HELOS (Medic to Hosp)

is that freq good for all msp helos?

I need to get reprogrammed for hagerstown:tantrum:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
is that freq good for all msp helos?

I need to get reprogrammed for hagerstown:tantrum:

Yes UGLY They are good for MSP Helos.

Give me a little while and I'll put some other info together for you to look at and I'll try to add some thoughts.

I'll be throwing some links at ya.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Dougstermd,

Gonna shoot some links to you and a few thoughts.

You may have some PA stuff to consider and I'll let you work that as I don't cover that. You can go here and just click the MD or PA map as needed:
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

After Clicking the MD Map if you will look on the Right Hand Side of the Page there are a few links under "Maryland Agencies". For the MSp stuff we are currently discussing click Department of State Police. That will take you to the current list of the most known MSP freqs in use. Be advised this is a Statewide list. You will have to pick out the ones releveant to your area. Note the Headings of Statewide & Barracks and such.

Going back to the Main MD page. Also Click the links for Emergency Medical Resources Center (EMRC) & Medevac. I don't mess wth the Medivac Freqs but the EMRC frequencies are good to have around. These are the frequencies the Medivacs and Ambulances use to call a local Hospital when enroute with a patient to consult and give an ETA. The helos don't seem to use those down here very often anymore but I am sure still have the Capability. Ambulances use them down here daily.

Also click the link for Common/Shared. These freqs are also good for when County agancies are working with surrounding Counties. These frequencies are pools of frequencies they can pick from when one county's radio system doesn't necessarily jive with anothers. These are not heavily used daily but if there as a major event they get active fast. St. Mary's & Calvert seem to use the 8TAC freqs a bit. Eve though I think they call them ITAC on this page.

Also worth noting are any listed FMARS freqs for your area. These are Fire/EMS Mutual Aide Radio Systems freqs the Helos use to "patch" Into local County systems to be able to communicate with units on the ground. In St. Mary's 154.28000 is used for this most often. Quite often you will hear the Dispatchers make reference to the patch being up or down. What this means is that the dispatchers are manually patching the Local Trunked System Talk Group into this frequency so they can communicate with an inbound Helicopter. But when the Patch is down you can no longer hear the Trooper on the trunked system. Only on the FMARS.I have not pegged which PMARS freq is used for the police side of this as yet but I am sure I will.

OK hope some of this makes some sense to you. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Doug, I Just brought up the stuff for Washington County. I see something you really need to consider. The Local County Gov is apparently in work a Project 25 type system. In other words it is going to be digital. Depending on the particular make & model of your scanner, if you bought it more than 2 years ago I bet it will not follow their Trunked System. If you truely want to follow the local stuff up there you wil need a Digital Capable scanner. No two ways around it.

Scanner Frequencies: Washington County Public Safety (Project 25) Trunking System, Hagerstown, Maryland

Last edited:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Dougstermd,

Gonna shoot some links to you and a few thoughts.

You may have some PA stuff to consider and I'll let you work that as I don't cover that. You can go here and just click the MD or PA map as needed:
RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

After Clicking the MD Map if you will look on the Right Hand Side of the Page there are a few links under "Maryland Agencies". For the MSp stuff we are currently discussing click Department of State Police. That will take you to the current list of the most known MSP freqs in use. Be advised this is a Statewide list. You will have to pick out the ones releveant to your area. Note the Headings of Statewide & Barracks and such.

Going back to the Main MD page. Also Click the links for Emergency Medical Resources Center (EMRC) & Medevac. I don't mess wth the Medivac Freqs but the EMRC frequencies are good to have around. These are the frequencies the Medivacs and Ambulances use to call a local Hospital when enroute with a patient to consult and give an ETA. The helos don't seem to use those down here very often anymore but I am sure still have the Capability. Ambulances use them down here daily.

Also click the link for Common/Shared. These freqs are also good for when County agancies are working with surrounding Counties. These frequencies are pools of frequencies they can pick from when one county's radio system doesn't necessarily jive with anothers. These are not heavily used daily but if there as a major event they get active fast. St. Mary's & Calvert seem to use the 8TAC freqs a bit. Eve though I think they call them ITAC on this page.

Also worth noting are any listed FMARS freqs for your area. These are Fire/EMS Mutual Aide Radio Systems freqs the Helos use to "patch" Into local County systems to be able to communicate with units on the ground. In St. Mary's 154.28000 is used for this most often. Quite often you will hear the Dispatchers make reference to the patch being up or down. What this means is that the dispatchers are manually patching the Local Trunked System Talk Group into this frequency so they can communicate with an inbound Helicopter. But when the Patch is down you can no longer hear the Trooper on the trunked system. Only on the FMARS.I have not pegged which PMARS freq is used for the police side of this as yet but I am sure I will.

OK hope some of this makes some sense to you. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Thanks
Yeah I will check it out. I am not sure if they are digital up here. no one I have asked knows that. City folk do not do scanner.

also I hate programming the stupid thing.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Thanks
Yeah I will check it out. I am not sure if they are digital up here. no one I have asked knows that. City folk do not do scanner.

also I hate programming the stupid thing.

Doug, the last link I sent says they are going digtal. To be completed in early '08

"Construction is already underway on a 10-site, Project 25 simulcast TRS. The system when completed in early 2008, will bring all public safety agencies across the county, onto one unified communications platform; thus, creating a true interoperable environment. Motorola has been awarded the multi-million dollar contract, and will construct the high-speed microwave backbone, transmitters, and provide all mobile and portable radios."

The ARE going digital but are likely not right now. You will need a digital capable recever some time in the very near future.

Last edited:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Doug, the last link I sent says they are going digtal. To be completed in early '08

"Construction is already underway on a 10-site, Project 25 simulcast TRS. The system when completed in early 2008, will bring all public safety agencies across the county, onto one unified communications platform; thus, creating a true interoperable environment. Motorola has been awarded the multi-million dollar contract, and will construct the high-speed microwave backbone, transmitters, and provide all mobile and portable radios."

The ARE going digital but are likely not right now. You will need a digital capable recever some time in the very near future.

Well I knew that would have to happen sooner or later. I guess I will have to move into the 2000's:killingme

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Doug, After looking into this and thinking about things I figured I would throw another 2 cents worth at ya since I am on the clock with nothing else to do.

:lmao: My advice is to hold on purchasing the digital scanner. The reason is, is because the dipsticks up there are messing up. The proposed frequencies are in the 400 MHZ range. Not good. The FCC has told everyone they need to be switching over to 700MHZ frequencies for public safety by 2010 I think. St. Mary's is already looking at this. A large percentage of the radios "currently" on the marker "DO NOT SUPPPORT" following the 700MHz range. Some do but not many.

Many of the folks down here in St. Mary's are going to find out the hrad way that their current scanners no longer work one day. No sure how far off that is but I have seen some discussion on this in the County Commisioners Minutes and such. It is going to happen. And they are already working on it.

All this has something to do with what is termed the "700MHz Rebanding". You can goggle that and comeup with more on this and probably have it explained much better than I can.

To further confirm this if you go to radioshacks website on some newer modeal scanners you will now see that they are actually making an issues of noting that they are already 700MHZ Capable or Ready.

So I would not run out to the store and buy a scanner just yet. Wait until they have the new system up and running, Then start keeping an eye on the local county website and hopefully you will find somewhere that will tell you when the 700Mhz change will take place. Wait for that, then go out and buy you the latest and greatest rig at that time.

Last edited:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Doug, After looking into this and thinking about things I figured I would throw another 2 cents worth at ya since I am on the clock with nothing else to do.

:lmao: My advice is to hold on purchasing the digital scanner. The reason is, is because the dipsticks up there are messing up. The proposed frequencies are in the 400 MHZ range. Not good. The FCC has told everyone they need to be switching over to 700MHZ frequencies for public safety by 2010 I think. St. Mary's is already looking at this. A large percentage of the radios "currently" on the marker "DO NOT SUPPPORT" following the 700MHz range. Some do but not many.

Many of the folks down here in St. Mary's are going to find out the hrad way that their current scanners no longer work one day. No sure how far off that is but I have seen some discussion on this in the County Commisioners Minutes and such. It is going to happen. And they are already working on it.

All this has something to do with what is termed the "700MHz Rebanding". You can goggle that and comeup with more on this and probably have it explained much better than I can.

To further confirm this if you go to radioshacks website on some newer modeal scanners you will now see that they are actually making an issues of noting that they are already 700MHZ Capable or Ready.

So I would not run out to the store and buy a scanner just yet. Wait until they have the new system up and running, Then start keeping an eye on the local county website and hopefully you will find somewhere that will tell you when the 700Mhz change will take place. Wait for that, then go out and buy you the latest and greatest rig at that time.

The whole point is to make the economy work by selling scanners to the public and radios to the county:yay:

really that is the thinking on these sorta things.

by motorola stock:lmao: