Jack Rusell Puppies

G

GVF

Jack Russell Puppies

We bred my JRT's (I have a m&f). We wanted 1-2 litters and then will fix momma. They are SO cute right now!! Running around very good now and starting to get "playful". I just started them on wet puppy food and they LOVE it. I will be sad when we have to sell them, but we can't keep them all!! LOL

Anyone else have a JRT here??

Last edited by a moderator:

sweetpea15

I have a 7 year old female and her name if Jill. She is awsome. One of the smartest dogs I've ever had. Learns so quickly.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
We bred my JRT's (I have a m&f). We wanted 1-2 litters and then will fix momma. They are SO cute right now!! Running around very good now and starting to get "playful". I just started them on wet puppy food and they LOVE it. I will be sad when we have to sell them, but we can't keep them all!! LOL

Anyone else have a JRT here??

:howdy:My JRT was bred once and she had them on my daughters bed while I was playing softball many summers ago. It was one of the best experiences we've ever had helping the mom raise wonderful and respectful puppies. I had them in a corner of a room with a board up to keep them in and when they would see you, they would all stand up at the board and poke their faces over waiting not so patiently to be loved on. I took a picture of them like that and it still brings smiles to my face when I see it. We were very sad when we sold them but made the buyers happy by giving them a fair price with the promise that they would stop by sometime so we could see them when they were grown. We have a Chihuahua now who is 2 and have been thinking of breeding her once and keeping one pup. She is all by herself and is lonely. Been looking for a playmate for her. If I do breed her, it would have to be one small guy cause she is barely 4 pounds. I'd love to see some pictures of your babies............

tes218

:howdy:My JRT was bred once and she had them on my daughters bed while I was playing softball many summers ago. It was one of the best experiences we've ever had helping the mom raise wonderful and respectful puppies. I had them in a corner of a room with a board up to keep them in and when they would see you, they would all stand up at the board and poke their faces over waiting not so patiently to be loved on. I took a picture of them like that and it still brings smiles to my face when I see it. We were very sad when we sold them but made the buyers happy by giving them a fair price with the promise that they would stop by sometime so we could see them when they were grown. We have a Chihuahua now who is 2 and have been thinking of breeding her once and keeping one pup. She is all by herself and is lonely. Been looking for a playmate for her. If I do breed her, it would have to be one small guy cause she is barely 4 pounds. I'd love to see some pictures of your babies............

:howdy: Instead of breeding her how about one of these little guys to keep her company? I believe they may be with Calvert Humane Society now or possibly in the near future:

From Calvert County Free Cycle:

I have 2 boy chihuahuas, that are 18 months old w/ AKC papers. I am
expecting a baby soon and I just can't handle their needs at this
time. These dogs are not nuetered & are able to go to seperate homes.

G

GVF

here are the puppies as a group... will send more pics of each one :)
TOLD you they were CUTE!!

Attachments

• 1puppies2.jpg
    1puppies2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 232
  • 1puppies3.jpg
    1puppies3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 169
G

GVF

Here are the individual puppies. The black & white one is my FAV (Still trying to figure a way to convince hubby to let me keep her!!)

Attachments

• 1puppies4.jpg
    1puppies4.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 1puppies5.jpg
    1puppies5.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 1puppies6.jpg
    1puppies6.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 1puppies7.jpg
    1puppies7.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 1puppies8.jpg
    1puppies8.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 170

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
<---Quinn, my shorty jack, is the best family dog ever!! Great with the kids and I can even leave him alone at home and he doesn't destroy anything or piss anywhere... Unlike my previous jrts.. He also loves other dogs and doesn't try to fight them. It's been so unreal to me to have a jack act like him. But he likes to chase the horses and the kitties and run off like he's deaf.. so I know he's a jack when he does those things.

W

WhoCares

I LOVE JRT.

That might be my next one. I would like another boxer, but would like one that can go to horse shows with me. A Jack would be a good candidate.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
Whoa...didn't realize there were sooo many homeless JRT's!! Wow...

Everytime I go to the shelter there is at least one JRT if not more.

I think these dogs are good dogs, but they need to go to homes that know exactly what they are getting. So, since you bred these dogs, please when you rehome them, get them spayed/neutered first (a rescue may be able to help you w/the cost), do a home check and visit with the family make sure they know exactly what raising a JRT entails.

I stress this as even though I think they are cute dogs, their personality would never fit my life and I think people need to look at THAT part of pet ownership, their personality, not just their looks.

G

GVF

I agree, it is sad :( Don't bash responsible breeders though!! I think if you do decide to breed, you have to be willing to keep them if they don't find homes. We know this and that def came into consideration before we decided to breed ours. If they dont sell (Which I don't think will be a problem.LOL) I will just have more puppy love around here :)

G

GVF

I stress this as even though I think they are cute dogs, their personality would never fit my life and I think people need to look at THAT part of pet ownership, their personality, not just their looks.

I agree, hence why I inform anyone about them and ask about their knowledge of them!! For me, I LOVE their personality. The best dogs I have every owned!! :)

DQ2B

Used to have one. Miss her terribly. We lost her to lymphoma about 2 years ago. They are definitely not the dog for everyone. Ours never lost her "puppy" energy.

Geek

I agree, it is sad :( Don't bash responsible breeders though!! I think if you do decide to breed, you have to be willing to keep them if they don't find homes. We know this and that def came into consideration before we decided to breed ours. If they dont sell (Which I don't think will be a problem.LOL) I will just have more puppy love around here :)

Breeders should spay/neuter their pups. We are all full up on dogs in the country. Quit making more.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
JRTs are one of those dogs that people get because they are cute/popular but they are not prepared to handle them. My grandmother had a Jack/Pomeranian mix she got from a neighbor that was a handfull! She thought a little dog would not be much trouble.

Unfortunatly it kept getting out of the yard while she was in the hospital (I was minding the mutt) and kept chasing cars....and caught one :bawl: .

G

GVF

Breeders should spay/neuter their pups. We are all full up on dogs in the country. Quit making more.

You are entitled to your opinion, but please do not tell others what to do like you are thier mother. It comes across rude and condescending.

I do appreciate your passion for animal control, but this type of responce is not they way to handle things. It will just turn people off to these types of comments and is not as productive as constructive critisism can be.

I don't remember asking for comments on wether I should have bred them. I was just sharing the little buggers with you all here :) If you would like to dicusss this topic futher, perhaps you can open a new topic (Instead of hijacking mine and trying to make me look like I have done something wrong) and rant away to help stop the irresponsible breeders out there. I do not appreciate being lumped into a catagory when you have not met me, or seen my animals ever. Please do not assume what you do not personally know about the individual situation. It is not polite.