Porcelain Dolls

watercolor

yeah yeah
OK. So as I was growing up, I had a facisnation with porcelain dolls. I loved any of them at the time, however as I got older I started liking the kind that had distinction to their faces and showed character. I dont particularly care for the ones that just "stare". So, while thinking about it for the past days, I have thought about getting rid of some of them.

Now, my question is this. I dont want to just randomly give them, or just put them on freecycle, and there are a couple I could give to some of my nanny girls.. however, not all of them (as they arent old enough).. and I dont want to just hang on to them in hopes that my daughter might want them when she is old enough (she is 2 now.). My question is, how would I go about getting rid of them in a reasonable fashion or selling them? How would I even go about researching if the are collectibles now or whatever. Ebay is a shallow option I guess, although, it is a touch and go if they would sell or not.

Any ideas?

M

Mousebaby

I collect dolls myself, but I collect the Lee Middleton and Ashton Drake type dolls. A vast majority of my dolls are by Shelia Michaels. I have seen some forums and or boards on the net for dolls. You might could look into one or two of those and they might be able to steer you in the right direction. I don't know any of the names of these forums but I'm sure if you google Doll forums you would come up with a few. Good Luck! :howdy:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Thanks! that is an awesome idea. And I to collect Ashley Stewart and a couple others.

I will look into some of the forums.