Home security

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Whatever you do, DO NOT go with ADT! They're horrible! I wouldn't let them monitor anything I own!

J

justhangn

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
:yeahthat: The alarm NEVER goes off when I climb through the window...:bubble:

or when I climb through her window.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:yeahthat: My dog doesn't let ANYTHING get by her, whether it is the UPS guy or a squirrel, without barking. But I don't think that was what carolinagirl is asking for. You can't just leave a dog for a week while you're on vacation. Well, you CAN, but you shouldn't. :nono:

I'm interested in security systems, too, as my house is in the woods and can only be partially seen by my one (and only) neighbor. It's okay when the dogs are around, but if we go on vacation, I'd like the house to be protected.

Also, does anybody have one of those driveway monitors that lets you know in the house when someone comes in the driveway? I'd like to get one of those, but I'm not sure if the el cheapo ones will work okay. :confused: I have a pretty long, twisty driveway through the trees and the monitor needs to have a good range.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Oz
Especially if it's going to be heard while you're on vacation. :confused:
:bonk: Are you filling in for otter this week? :wink:

No, I just need something to alert me WHEN HOME that someone has entered the driveway. The dogs don't bark until the vehicle gets close enough to know it's not one of mine.

I had an incident where someone pulled into the top of my driveway late at night and stayed there for awhile with the motor running. The dogs come in at night, so they can't alert me about those 'intruders' so I'd like to know when it happens, especially when home alone. The driveway is long and twisty, so the monitor needs to work over that distance and through the trees.

Last edited:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by jazz lady
:bonk: Are you filling in for otter this week? :wink:

No, I just need something to alert us WHEN HOME that someone has entered the driveway. The dogs don't bark until the vehicle gets close enough to know it's not one of ours.

Maybe you can get a driveway monitor that barks at the car when it drives into your driveway?

And then, one of those things that barks inside the house, when someone rings the doorbell.

That'll foil those nasty burglers... :biggrin: Nobody would dare burgle the JL estate...

Last edited:
H

Heretic

Hey Jazz with a little electronics know how you could make a drive way monitoring system for probably under $50