Evans Restaurant Rebirth

T

toppick08

Hope the new owners of the place can bring it back to the glory days of the 60's thru early 90's. That place was once the king of seafood dinning and socializing in So. Md.........What are everybody's thoughts on this? :howdy:

P

Patch Tuesday

Hope the new owners of the place can bring it back to the glory days of the 60's thru early 90's. That place was once the king of seafood dinning and socializing in So. Md.........What are everybody's thoughts on this? :howdy:

I always enjoyed the table by the fireplace years ago...

:popcorn:

wineo

loving life

It will never be the same, I doubt they give it that old crabhouse feel it had in the late 60's thru the early 90's. The people that made it feel that why are all gone. Just my thoughts

T

toppick08

It will never be the same, I doubt they give it that old crabhouse feel it had in the late 60's thru the early 90's. The people that made it feel that why are all gone. Just my thoughts

I know what you are saying, but I'll hope for the best......RIP Mr. Evans.

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Sweet. That will give us another destination with the boat this summer.

My dad used to go down here when he was a kind and dock boats for people that could afford them but didn't know how to drive them.

He met Roy Clark, Waylon Jennings, and a few other celeb's down there in the 60's. I doubt we will have any of people of that stature there but at least a nice place to go for good food and fun by land or sea.

Micki

I think these glory days were:coffee: gone after old Mr. Evans passed away. All I ever wanted was their hush puppies - I didn't need sea food!!! :yahoo:

bohman

I think these glory days were:coffee: gone after old Mr. Evans passed away. All I ever wanted was their hush puppies - I didn't need sea food!!! :yahoo:

I agree that it will never be the same, but I have high hopes that the new version can be a fun place to eat. And let's hope that hush puppy recipe doesn't change!

As far as boating - what's the water depth like at their docks? I've never taken a boat there, but I'd like to. Can a 4' keel make it in there?

I used to come down to Pax on business trips in the 70s, and we'd always go to Evans. Their $11.95 all-you-can-eat seafood dinner was the bomb. The food just kept coming and coming until you just couldn't walk out under your own power. Those days are long gone. I really miss the old Evans. Hope they do well with the new place.

smilin

BOXER NATION
I have all hope for the new place!

I LOVED going there for crabs & beer, the all you could eat & beer or just for beer. My kids were so sad when they closed up, they loved Evans! The Evans family are a wonderful bunch, they really made the place special.
After the hurricane destroyed the old place they rebuilt. Why did they rip down the new place and turn it into a parking lot.
Now they are rebuilding?
What happened?
Can't wait for somewhere new to go to.

Cowgirl

I loved Evans! It was a real treat to go eat there when we were growing up. I think our favorite parts were walking on the dock while waiting for the food, getting rootbeer in mugs, and stuffing ourselves so full we had to lay down in the car on the ride home. :lol: I miss those days.