Found Assistance Dog!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
We have found an "assistance" dog in North Town Creek, a big furry Golden Retriever. Have tried the #'s on the collar and left messages. Anyone know of anyone missing one?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
The owner is found. He was from the house on Woodlawn that caught fire this morning.. In the confusion he got out and took off.

ocean733

The owner is found. He was from the house on Woodlawn that caught fire this morning.. In the confusion he got out and took off.

Awww. I'm glad that you found the dog. That's horrible to think that they had a fire AND lost their dog. You did a good deed. :buddies:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We have found an "assistance" dog in North Town Creek, a big furry Golden Retriever. Have tried the #'s on the collar and left messages. Anyone know of anyone missing one?

How horrible to have a fire on Christmas Day and to lose the dog. Glad you found his home! Christmas miracle.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
You sure did a Good Deed this day.

:clap: We were just getting ready to leave for DR's mom's house and Raz started barking and there was this very furry, very large Golden Retriever in the back yard. I brought her into the porch and she had "assistant dog" on her tags, along with a local cell phone # and another cell #(which turned out to be someone in the west, probably the agency she got it from). I drove around the neighborhood, stopped at the vets around the corner, stopped at another house that had a vehicle with handicapped tags, and then remembered the fire call on Woodlawn. I heard the fire truck engines, went over there and saw a woman outside in a wheelchair. She couldn't hear me yell about her dog over the four fire trucks running, so her neighbor, a CCSD deputy, was in the street, said it was her dog and back we went to my house to get it (in my newly vacuumeed car :lol). When we came back with it (power had been disconnected to the house and her phone was dead/on the charger, so she didn't get the message), she was very grateful!! Her house is pretty much wrecked inside from the fire, but can be cleaned. She is being assisted by Red Cross. I felt like Santa!:yahoo:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:clap: We were just getting ready to leave for DR's mom's house and Raz started barking and there was this very furry, very large Golden Retriever in the back yard. I brought her into the porch and she had "assistant dog" on her tags, along with a local cell phone # and another cell #(which turned out to be someone in the west, probably the agency she got it from). I drove around the neighborhood, stopped at the vets around the corner, stopped at another house that had a vehicle with handicapped tags, and then remembered the fire call on Woodlawn. I heard the fire truck engines, went over there and saw a woman outside in a wheelchair. She couldn't hear me yell about her dog over the four fire trucks running, so her neighbor, a CCSD deputy, was in the street, said it was her dog and back we went to my house to get it (in my newly vacuumeed car :lol). When we came back with it (power had been disconnected to the house and her phone was dead/on the charger, so she didn't get the message), she was very grateful!! Her house is pretty much wrecked inside from the fire, but can be cleaned. She is being assisted by Red Cross. I felt like Santa!:yahoo:

You rock! :love:

D

dems4me

Good job!! :clap: Folks ask why I don't move closer to DC where I work, but its people like you that make Southern Maryland such a great place and great community that it is and worth the commute! :huggy: Hats off BSGal!!! :clap: It was awesome what you did!!! :huggy: :love:

:clap: :huggy: :yay:

K

Kain99

If we had an election today - you would be voted "Forumite, with the biggest heart!" :love:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Good job!! :clap: Folks ask why I don't move closer to DC where I work, but its people like you that make Southern Maryland such a great place and great community that it is and worth the commute! :huggy: Hats off BSGal!!! :clap: It was awesome what you did!!! :huggy: :love:

I was NOT leaving here for the family get-together until I found the owner......In the meantime, I may have a post later on for things she needs once she gets back in the house. I think she may have just lost stuff in the kitchen and the insurance will take care of the damage. Then I'm done being nice. :lol:

wineo

loving life
:buddies:It is the small things we do in our lives that mean the most. You took the time, that is all that matters.:yahoo:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
you have somewhat restored my xmas spirit! yay!:lmao:

I believe someone put Razzy in my life for a purpose. She alerted. How she knew that dog was out there is beyond me. It was at the bottom of the yard, very quiet, Razzy could not see her, as she was sound asleep, inside the house with an Xbox going pretty loud, not even near the door where she could have seen her or I would have thought even heard her. She started barking in the house like the pit bull came out in her. A true miracle.

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
:faint: I was going to watch a movie tonight, but that was enough excitement for me! You do rock! :huggy:

It was enough for me too. Truly, a wonderful day. I'm gonna go by the house for the next few days and see if she is home yet and if I can help her at all. She seemed pretty self sufficient, but ya never know. I used to not be nice.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
It was enough for me too. Truly, a wonderful day. I'm gonna go by the house for the next few days and see if she is home yet and if I can help her at all. She seemed pretty self sufficient, but ya never know. I used to not be nice.

See!! Even animals know where to go when they're in trouble! :roflmao:

:wink:

Sounds like you and Ms. Rassie make a good team. We might have to go and pick her up some more of those cookies that DR likes so much! And for you, lots of love for being who you are. :flowers:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
See!! Even animals know where to go when they're in trouble! :roflmao:

:wink:

Sounds like you and Ms. Rassie make a good team. We might have to go and pick her up some more of those cookies that DR likes so much! And for you, lots of love for being who you are. :flowers:

:huggy: You know me so well, my therapist. :roflmao:. I thought about our conversation we had on Sunday when I posted tonight that "I'll go by and make sure she's okay."

Can you come rub my arm some more and repeat the words you told me Sunday??????