Huge flock of little black birds

dgates80

Land of the lost
Hi bird people,

I saw what seemed to be an unending aerial RIVER of these little black birds this morning, literally millions of them. What kind of birds are they? Did anybody else see that northbound flock? I first saw it sitting at the light at 235 coming from Calvert over the bridge. Amazing!

Gummie

European Starlings -- 100 introduced into Central Park in the 1890's, now one of the most numerous bird species in the US. Non-native to North America.

MoochCat

Mooch Cat
Common blackbirds.......Winter feeding flock behavior.
May be other birds mixed in, like the cow bird, and starling.
Cover your head, watch where you walk!!!

MMDad

Lem Putt
Hi bird people,

I saw what seemed to be an unending aerial RIVER of these little black birds this morning, literally millions of them. What kind of birds are they? Did anybody else see that northbound flock? I first saw it sitting at the light at 235 coming from Calvert over the bridge. Amazing!

I must have been sitting next to you. It went on forever. There were definitely thousands, maybe even a million.

vbailey

vbailey
I saw them over in St.Mary's on Rt235 on the way to work this morning and yesterday morning there were even more, millions. Old Folks use to say it was a sign of a bad winter storm coming when they did that.......I would like it to be true ( would like to get snow anyway )

Cowgirl

They migrate through the eastern shore every year. There will be an "aerial river (I like that term...it fits)" as far as you can see in either direction. It's amazing! I tried to take a picture on my cell phone...I'll have to see if it's worth posting.

lovinmaryland

they were on my street this past weekend (lady Baltimore ave in St clements shores) it was insane :jameo: the sound that they made when they were flying was unreal... I was skeered :frown:

they were on my street this past weekend (lady Baltimore ave in St clements shores) it was insane :jameo: the sound that they made when they were flying was unreal... I was skeered :frown:

They were around our house last weekend. When they all take off from a tree it is pretty noisy.

jbooty

I saw them over in St.Mary's on Rt235 on the way to work this morning and yesterday morning there were even more, millions. Old Folks use to say it was a sign of a bad winter storm coming when they did that.......I would like it to be true ( would like to get snow anyway )

I hope that old saying is true.. I want a good snow!!!!

I must have been sitting next to you. It went on forever. There were definitely thousands, maybe even a million.

!!!

Attachments

• hitch2.jpg
    hitch2.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 189

Cowgirl

Well, it's not the best pic. I took it on 11/26. The birds went on for miles and miles.

Attachments

• Picture007[1].jpg
    Picture007[1].jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 210

smoothmarine187

It's dodo bird mating season, the dodo's are stupid and the black birds are easy targets so the dodo's naturally chase them down. You would haul azz too, if something that big was trying to mate with you.

J

jp2854

they were over where i live today my mom said they sounded like bats with the noise they were making. I didn't see them myself.

dustin

UAIOE
those birds like to do figure eights over our neighborhood for some reason... while poopin all over my car :ohwell:

4ps

The Starlings are BACK Feb 2010

Hi bird people,

They have been flying in and out of trees in our yard since 6 AM. LOUD creatures too! We live near the Bay and they have been circling. Ah, right now there is silence, but they will be back in a few minutes like clockwork!