recommend a hvac

2ballscrewball

someone recommend me a heating and air conditioning person. My heat pump is frosting up on the outside unit and I need a service call.

I dont just want to pick one out of the phone book. Anyone use one that they like?

I am in Charles.

Pandora

Everyone is having issues with their heating systems lately. Hubby and I (well I just stood there and held stuff) spent the morning yanking the fan unit out and replacing the motor and switch. It is working fine now but we've had no heat since last night so it is going to take some time to warm up. Burrrrr :jameo:

I'd like to just have a professional come out and do a routine service, so good thread! :tap:

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Dont get Leitch unless you are rich

someone recommend me a heating and air conditioning person. My heat pump is frosting up on the outside unit and I need a service call.

I dont just want to pick one out of the phone book. Anyone use one that they like?

I am in Charles.

Leitch heating and air do good work if you got deep pockets.

T

toppick08

I don't know if Great Mills Heating and Cooling goes to Chuck Co, but they do good work.

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
/QUOTE]

I'm trying not to play a game of telephone, but from what I have heard from my boyfriend's father (who has been in HVAC for 25+ years), a little bit of frost is okay. He says that it is only when it keeps accumulating that there is a problem. Like smoothmarine, he suggests changing the filter first to avoid an expensive service call. Can't hurt...good luck :smile:

2ballscrewball

/QUOTE]

I'm trying not to play a game of telephone, but from what I have heard from my boyfriend's father (who has been in HVAC for 25+ years), a little bit of frost is okay. He says that it is only when it keeps accumulating that there is a problem. Like smoothmarine, he suggests changing the filter first to avoid an expensive service call. Can't hurt...good luck :smile:

My outside unit is totally frosted over I bet I have 2 inches of frost/ice on inside of the unit and quarter inch on the outside.

I cleaned the filter and someone said to run the air conditioning to melt the frost and see if it frosts when the heat kicks back on.

thats for all the info so far everyone.

SShewbert

What love is all about
My outside unit is totally frosted over I bet I have 2 inches of frost/ice on inside of the unit and quarter inch on the outside.

I cleaned the filter and someone said to run the air conditioning to melt the frost and see if it frosts when the heat kicks back on.

thats for all the info so far everyone.

Call James C. Browne Jr. Of Ice Man and Son at (301) 737-4636 or his cell at (240) 237-0598. He has his own business as well as works for IAP on Patuxent River Base. He has a masters license and as Of Tuesday will be the local Rudd dealer as well. He has more reasonable rates then most of the other local companies and does business for Middelton Hall in Waldorf.

bobbyb

I am in Charles.

Our family had used Potter for 25 years and think that they are the best.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Sans-serif, sans-serif]Potter Heating & Electric Inc[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Sans-serif, sans-serif]6 Irongate Dr Waldorf, MD 20602 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Sans-serif, sans-serif](301) 645-7071 phone (800) 246-7071 toll free (301) 843-0300 alt phone (301) 870-5923 fax[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Sans-serif, sans-serif]Welcome and thank you for visiting the Potter Heating & Electric Inc website. At Potter Heating & Electric Inc, we can fulfill all of your heating and electric needs! We specialize in: • Heating • Air Conditioning • Electric[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Sans-serif, sans-serif]• Heat Pumps • Cooling Equipment Our years of experience will bring you a Tradition of Excellence & Customer Satisfaction.[/FONT]

doubtfull24

Hi,you should try Simmons Heating and Air conditioning Located in Hollywood MD. They will do the job right the first time and don't overcharge. The phone number if you want it is 301-373-4780 .

dn0121

After interviewing all the dealers that have been mentioned in this thread I chose Hancock Refrigeration. They were best qualified to do the job I needed and answered all my information. I have posted their contact information below.

Also here are two great forums for HVAC information.:

Heat Pumps and Electric Heating - DoItYourself.com Community Forums

Residential HVAC - HVAC-Talk: Heating, Air & Refrigeration Discussion

I used these two forums to gather information for two months to ensure I got the best service possible and didn't get ripped off. It is amazing what some will try to sell you. Others couldn't even answer questions that I had learned to ask from reading the above forums. This is why I chose Hancock Refrigeration. Good luck to you!

Hancock Refrigeration Company, Inc.
P.O. Box 40
28650 Point Lookout Road
Loveville, MD 20656

Phone: (301) 475-8298

Emergency: (301) 475-8298 leave your name and telephone number then press # 911 to page the technician on call. He will return your call within 1 hour.

Toll-free Phone: 1-800-863-1259

Business Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday Thru Friday

Fax: (301) 475-2105

E-mail: mhancock@md.metrocast.net

LOL

The first thing you need to do is put it in "emergency heat" mode, which will defrost the unit. It'll make the air handler use the heat strips instead of the outdoor condenser unit...

Then call somebody...

:coffee:

Only if you can afford a sky high electric bill. When you put it in emergency heat it draws a lot, go outside and watch your meter speed up.