Any Issues with Applejack Kennel?

mattnkim

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their dogs after staying at ApplejackK-9 Academy & Kennel? Just picked up my dog and after being home for a few days developed gastrointestinal problems to include severe diarrhea and vomiting that has required an extended stay at a vetenarian to the tune of around $2500. I am not saying that this was caused by Applejack at this point, but I am wondering if anyone else has had a problem????? Please let me know.
Thanks

Kittykat33

Why me??
Let me check with my in laws. They had Honeybear there for a weekend last year. I hope the puppy is ok....

sockgirl77

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their dogs after staying at ApplejackK-9 Academy & Kennel? Just picked up my dog and after being home for a few days developed gastrointestinal problems to include severe diarrhea and vomiting that has required an extended stay at a vetenarian to the tune of around $2500. I am not saying that this was caused by Applejack at this point, but I am wondering if anyone else has had a problem????? Please let me know.
Thanks

My aunt has taken her german shepards there for obedience training and loves them. She's used them once or twice for the kennel and I haven't heard her complain. :shrug:

tes218

Thanks

I had two of my dogs trained there and board them there also since they know the people and they have a covered run so my fence-climber can't get out. I've had them there at least 8-9 times in two years and the dogs are always healthy, happy and smelling good when I pick them up. Actually scheduled to take them there next week so hopefully there isn't something going around.

SoftballCrazy

Thanks
I've heard of some people that have had dog problems after the training there, and I've spoken to others who are happy.
I have a problem leaving my dog behind closed doors for training, not knowing exactly what they are doing to my dog.
Good luck, hope he recuperates and is back on track soon.

sockgirl77

I've heard of some people that have had dog problems after the training there, and I've spoken to others who are happy.
I have a problem leaving my dog behind closed doors for training, not knowing exactly what they are doing to my dog.
Good luck, hope he recuperates and is back on track soon.

Do you have kids in daycare or school?

sockgirl77

School. I don't think they use shock collars at school, but sometimes I think my kid might need it. I know your point, but my dog can't talk and tell me he just got his tail beat for not sitting on command/etc.

I'd love to have a shock collar for my mom's yapping ass Chi. Thank God, I do not. I'd sit there and push the button just for the hell of it. I hate that dog.

SoftballCrazy

I'd love to have a shock collar for my mom's yapping ass Chi. Thank God, I do not. I'd sit there and push the button just for the hell of it. I hate that dog.
Sometimes I wish I had one for the kid...he's getting to the "know it all" age...sometimes he's the sweetest kid, sometimes he drives me crazy. Wouldn't trade him for the world, though.
Chi's can be yappy, no doubt....I wonder if one of those no-bark machines would help, I think it emits a tone or something that the dog can hear that makes them stop barking. (haven't researched it so don't know how they work.)
My cousin took his dog to A-jack, and hasn't had any problems w/ his dog.

sockgirl77

Sometimes I wish I had one for the kid...he's getting to the "know it all" age...sometimes he's the sweetest kid, sometimes he drives me crazy. Wouldn't trade him for the world, though.
Chi's can be yappy, no doubt....I wonder if one of those no-bark machines would help, I think it emits a tone or something that the dog can hear that makes them stop barking. (haven't researched it so don't know how they work.)
My cousin took his dog to A-jack, and hasn't had any problems w/ his dog.

Mine doesn't know it all yet. He's in the WHY stage. :lol:

W

wkndbeacher

My 4 y/o just started that WHY crap..:jameo:

:lol:

Mine never did the WHY stuff that much because I had the same answer everytime and I guess they got tired of hearing "because Im your dad and I said so"

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
Thanks

I've heard very mixed reviews on their facility. It had a better reputation 5-10years ago.
Ask them what kind of food they fed it, if your dog had any bad stool while boarding, or if any other boarders had issues when they went home. They should keep track of any vomitting/diarrhea that might have gone on during your pets visit. The best thing is to always call them and report what has gone on. Also try to send your dog with it's own food since it seems to have a sensitive system..
Vomitting and diarrhea for 2500? Seems steep, what was the diagnosis?

vbailey

vbailey
My shep, Max, died while in their care. :bawl: Nobody knows what happened.

Is this for real ? I would freak out if that happened to my dog. What did they do about it? Any thing? Iam so sorry! I can't believe that happened to you, that is so sad.