The COOLEST thing in the world!!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
DUDE! Guess what we just got up in Hagerstown? A DRIVE-IN MOVIE THEATER!!!!!
:dude:
And it's only a 20 minute drive from my house! :banana:

This might be the most exciting thing that ever happened to me!!! :getdown:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I hope it's the start of a trend. Really miss the old Drive-Ins.

You packing the car yet? :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I remember going as a kid with Mom & Dad and sister and I would have to go to sleep in the back of the VW station wagon after playing in the play ground wearing our PJs.

Later in high school we would sneak friends in via the trunk and try and rip the speakers off the poles. Never worked.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nope...

...hell, I didn't even know about that one!!!

The one she is talking about is in Washington County at the drag strip.

Hey, baby, you got TWO it seems!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by RoseRed
Sounds like a overnight movie night at Board Mommy's!
Originally posted by cariblue
I can see myself making the trip up there to do a drive-in night.
Wouldn't that be fun? Maybe I could convince Larry to go visit his buddy in Phoenix and we could have a hen party up here and go to the drive-in! Pretend we're Grease or something!

I'm excited!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But who would drive me up if it's a hen party?
You guys could carpool - surely ONE of you isn't afraid to drive the beltway. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'll have to leave it home and just ride up with you. It only seats two.
Yes, for us. Everyone else can ride in their Pinto's. :biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Christy
:howdy:

I could use a vacation!

:howdy: Me too - by myself. (In your case Christy, without KIDS!).

And it will be cheaper than Guam! :lol:

Last edited:
K

Kizzy

Hey, I missed this thread.

My hubby and I have discussed taking the kids camping near a drive in Movie Theater, so I really think this is great. When I was a kid, I loved going to the drive in theater.

I hope we get one in Southern Maryland again. :cheers:

I saw Jaws, Saturday Night Fever and Carrie at the drive in as a kid.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, IM, you'll just have to come up for our movie party! I'm going to make Larry take me tomorrow night to make sure it's not some drug kid hangout, then we'll make a plan!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ooooh hoo hoo hoo! Friday night they're playing The Wizard of Oz and Grease. Sunday they're doing Days of Thunder and Top Gun! God, now if I could only get them to do The Abominable Dr. Phibes or Sisters! Or It's Alive (the scene where the baby bursts out of the woman's stomach is REALLY cool! And the milkman scene!) Yee HA!!!

http://www.masondixondragway.com/DriveIn.htm

K

Kizzy

Well, IM, you'll just have to come up for our movie party!

Absolutely, but not on a night they are playing The Wizard of Oz. Remember, I hate that movie.

Days of Thunder and Top Gun

Now that is more my kind of line up. :cheers:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, we just got back - saw Days of Thunder and Top Gun. DRIVE-INS STILL ROCK!!! We took our oldest daughter, who had never been to the drive-in before. Can you imagine?

Anyway, the place is nice and there aren't a lot of jerks hanging around. They have concessions :yay: and porta-potties :nay: It's all digital so I guess they have some DVD thing that projects onto the screen. And none of those clunky speakers - you hear the movie over your radio. We even got a Popeye cartoon at intermission! "Let's all go to the lobby..."

The place is a dragway in it's real life. I thought that was neat and a great use of space. They have movies on Friday and Sunday nights, after the races. Budds Creek should think about this. They're also looking into doing PPVs, Monday Night Football and other stuff.

Cost was $10 for the carload and we spent less than $20 on all the food and drink we had. Pretty cheap night out and a LOT less than going to the movie house.