Accident by Sheetz

Christy

b*tch rocket
Hey LPMEDIC, any major injuries at the accident that happened around 5ish at Sheetz? It looked pretty bad. Scared me out of my "auto-pilot" mode on the way home. I've never actually witnessed a major accident as it happened. :yikes:

Anyway, hope everyone came out of it okay.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by cariblue
I drove by it about an hour later. Both vehicles were still there. Did you see what happened? Looked like the truck may have creamed someone coming out of Sheetz.

Yeah, creamed an SUV that flipped right before my eyes! (well my peripheral vision). :yikes: I think there were three vehicles involved, but it looks like the SUV was pulling out of Sheetz and didn't see the truck haulin azz.

Last edited:

OliveOyl

This one time my momma drove her old beat-up Ford truck (no Chevys in our family) down Chancellor's Run Road and a cop pulled her over and said "Ma'am you were going awfully fast" and my momma said, "Well, ossifer, dontcha understand that I was tryin' to get to the sale at Wal-Mart?" Well that copper turned on his lights and you woulda thought it was a blue light special as he hauled a$$ down the road to make room for my momma to get to Wal-Mart.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
I went by around 5:30, just as the medivac helicopter was coming in. Maybe 5 state police, 3 firetrucks and 3 ambulances from what I could see.

G

giggles04

Sounded really bad... glad I was not stuck in the traffic... but they did end up flying someone out and they had to extricate one from a vehicle and one had been ejected. Never a good sign...

LPMEDIC

Doin the duty for you....
I know they flew one person out, but as soon as they were airborne they had to land at St Mary's Hospital due to weather. 2 others taken to hospital via ambulance. From what info I could get it didn't seem to be life threatening. I was on my way to class so my info on this one came vis the scanner.

willie

Originally posted by OliveOyl
This one time my momma drove her old beat-up Ford truck (no Chevys in our family) down Chancellor's Run Road and a cop pulled her over and said "Ma'am you were going awfully fast" and my momma said, "Well, ossifer, dontcha understand that I was tryin' to get to the sale at Wal-Mart?" Well that copper turned on his lights and you woulda thought it was a blue light special as he hauled a$$ down the road to make room for my momma to get to Wal-Mart.
Olive Oyle is RodRuggs sister.

LPMEDIC

Originally posted by PoliticalAnlyst
P.S. I heard that in some states the State Police MediVacs have to make so many rescue flights per year to maintain their funding. So, seeing a medivac on the scene is not always a sign of a critical injury. I believe this is true in Maryland.

Not true in Md... THe Medivacs are not funded per call they respond to. We have protocols that help us determine when we need to call for the Helo. i.e. burns, amputations, falls from heights, things like that., In the case of car accidents we have guidlines for that as well, such as how much intrusion is there into passenger compartment, roll overs, death in vehicle of other passengers, etc..... If the patient or incident meets the requirements then we call for helo, most of time its just for the "mechanism" of the accident. THe MEDICVAC is a valuable asset to have and we are very lucky to have it. especially since the closest Trauma Center is over an hour away by car. I would rather be safe than sorry when calling for the Helo, if it turns out that the injuries didn't really need it, then oh well. .

Elle

Happy Camper!
On that subject, I heard (don't remember where though) there was a senator that wanted to make the helicopter for state police only and that if it were an emergency medical problem you would have to pay to use the Medivacs, just like private choppers. But I never saw anything about it introduced this year. Any one else hear anything about this????

LPMEDIC

Actually,

There they just revised the system to include the commercial helicopters like Medstar, Statmedivac, etc... to augment the system in case the state police Medivac is not available since the call volumes are on the rise. Believe me, its a very comforting to know we have access to the Medivac system..

Elle

Happy Camper!
I'm not sure, if you have friends you can pull strings but other than that I'm not sure. Sorry I know I was no help!!!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Hey LPMEDIC...

Originally posted by kwillia
If a critical person has to be moved to a DC hospital via ambulance... do you know of any other way rather than using those rip-off private ambulance companies that charge $932 dollars for a one-way trip from Leonardtown to Washington Hospital center? None of them are considered "in-service" for BC/BS insurance...:burning:
I would call the local VRS and inquire, maybe a nice donation would go a long way toward getting them to assist (at least covering their costs for fuel).

LPMEDIC

Re: Hey LPMEDIC...

Originally posted by kwillia
If a critical person has to be moved to a DC hospital via ambulance... do you know of any other way rather than using those rip-off private ambulance companies that charge $932 dollars for a one-way trip from Leonardtown to Washington Hospital center? None of them are considered "in-service" for BC/BS insurance...:burning:

I sent ya a PM with more info.

Gunn317

Originally posted by cariblue
Too much going on to not have an access road.

An access road! Now there's an idea!

You want to go N<->S, take Rt. 235. You want to stop off at Lowe's, or Target, or K-Mart, or Target, etc....get off onto the access road and cruise down. That would eliminate a lot of lights on 235 (which I thought was one of the purposes of the original construction..not new ones!) and those ever present stop and goes and merging...

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Been there, done that...:boo:

Virginia Beach Blvd in Virginia Beach used to be like that...main road with access roads on each side for access to local businesses, main road intended to be thru traffic only. Worked out so great that they just finished spending millions getting rid of the access roads! I think it doubled the accident rate when they had them.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
CableChick said:
what about mine? :mad:
Nevermind. The last post was posted on my birthday. The accident actually happened a few days earlier. I'll still share it with you. :huggy: