Government KSA's

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
I am applying for some government positions, does anyone have experience in writting KSA's???? Can you help me?

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
KSAs are a PITA!

Yes, they are! Trying to get a job around here is PITA too! The only jobs that have been offering me are up in DC! I don't want to drive all the way up to DC when I only live 5 minutes from the Pax River base and they have plenty of job openings! Also, working up in DC means no family life with my little kids during the week days and no "sleep". I am not going to get up at 3:00 am to catch the bus at 4:45 am to get to DC by 7 am and get home around 7 or 8 pm. That's no life for me or anyone.

awpitt

Main Streeter
KSA = Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities

Beside that Government Jobs are very hard to get in no matters if you have experiences, KSA, or college degrees. Hell, I should know because I have been trying to get in for eleven years!
Often times, it's who you know, not what you know. A lot of the annoucements are written with someone already in mind. Someone who's already been identified for the job but they still have to annouce the position.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Often times, it's who you know, not what you know. A lot of the annoucements are written with someone already in mind. Someone who's already been identified for the job but they still have to annouce the position.

Yeah, I know. I know alot of people work for Gov't and gov't contractors. I even know some hiring managers, but like you said, they already "picked" someone they wanted to fill the position.

What do you know about Schedule "A"? I submitted my resume, application, and Schedule "A" to Gov't all the time when applying for the positions and internships.

My disability is "Deaf/Hard of Hearing". I have no other disablities except that my ears are broken. I can speak, read, write, and have the abilities to do the job just fine as long I don't have to answer the phones.

For those who don't know what Schedule "A" is. It is for disability people to use that form, so they would have a first priority for hiring managers to look at since Gov't needs more disabilities people to fill thier 2% requirement of the entire workforce. If they don't have enough disabilities employees of the entire workforce, it is bad thing to have. For contractors, it is bad becuase the auditors make the companies pay fines for not having the 2% disabilities employees on thier payrolls.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
start here: https://chart.donhr.navy.mil/index.asp

Contracts is looking for tons of people.
If you get the job, let me know, there's $500 in it for me. :)
Good luck.

I checked out the website you just provided. There is no job openings for internship listed.

I attended the job fair last December for Contract Positions with Federal Government at Old Frank Knox building. They told me that I was qualifed for the position and would call me to let me know when my start date would be. Never got the phone call and got the letter saying that I do not qualifed for the position. I was like WTH?