Looking for a kitten to adopt

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Look for signs on the side of the road "free kittens". :yay: No paperwork, no fees.

Actually Tri County is pretty easy. Not much paper work and the fees are much less than those you would pay to take a kitten to the vet for shots, worming and have it spayed or neutered.

CAWL in Calvert is very good as well. Not much paperwork and the fees aren't bad either.

Cowgirl

Look for signs on the side of the road "free kittens". :yay: No paperwork, no fees.

I'd rather pay a small fee and get a cat that's altered, has a microchip, UTD on vaccines, and tested for FIV/Felv. :yay:

I got Tucker from my county's animal control. His fee was $50 and he was good to go.

shygirlmd

Why not go to Tri County?

Several years ago, I wanted to surprise my husband with a kitten (or maybe 2) since he was devastated over the loss of our other cat suddenly. I went to Tri-County but there were so many to choose from and I felt bad if I decided to take 2 and the rest were left there and possibly put to sleep. I lucked out and a neighbor had rescued a mommy and her kittens so we took 2 of them and she kept the rest. Although getting from a shelter is best because you save a life.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Ya'll need to stop hatin' on the ghetto kitties. They need homes, too.

:lol: Where do you think most of the kittens come from that end up at shelters?

It's just a pain to get a free kitten and then find out it has Feline Leukemia, etc. and then have to deal with the cost of treating it..or going through the decision to euthanize it. Not to mention, spaying a kitten through your regular vet is around $155.00...just for the spay.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
:lol: Where do you think most of the kittens come from that end up at shelters?

I find it hard to believe that most of them end up in shelters...and some of you act like adopting from a shelter is the only way to save a life. The way I see it, the animals that don't make it to the shelters need a home more than the shelter kitties/puppies. Shelter animals are already getting the food/vet care/warm place to sleep. The rest are let loose to wander and become part of the feral population.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I find it hard to believe that most of them end up in shelters...and some of you act like adopting from a shelter is the only way to save a life. The way I see it, the animals that don't make it to the shelters need a home more than the shelter kitties/puppies. Shelter animals are already getting the food/vet care/warm place to sleep. The rest are let loose to wander and become part of the feral population.

Now that's just silly. Most people take them to the shelter if they can't find homes for them.

There's also a big difference between the "shelter" and a rescue. Cats and kittens at Tri County don't last long if they don't get adopted.

But everyone has their opinion. I've just spent a lot of time in volunteering at shelters, fostering animals and doing rescue. I've seen the pros and cons for all of it.

I'm not saying not to take a free kitten from somebody whose cat has had kittens, I'm just pointing out what can happen.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Looking for a kitten to... 01-31-2008 12:51 PM I'm just as sick of seeing your "death to rescues" drivel as I am of seeing the pet nazi crowd. Just get over it. ~Cyurius

Bite me, azzwipe.

I

Inkpen

Bite me, azzwipe.

mAlice, there is a statement:
"You are either part of the problem or part of the solution."

You love to come into these thread, stir up trouble, talk trash to any and everyone, and do or offer nothing to help with the problem of unwanted animals.

That makes you part of the problem.

Happy now that you have the spot light and are getting your attention fix for the day?

Good!!!

Now move on and quit causing problems here.

While the rest of us work on solutions.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
mAlice, there is a statement:
"You are either part of the problem or part of the solution."

You love to come into these thread, stir up trouble, talk trash to any and everyone, and do or offer nothing to help with the problem of unwanted animals.

That makes you part of the problem.

Happy now that you have the spot light and are getting your attention fix for the day?

Good!!!

Now move on and quit causing problems here.

While the rest of us work on solutions.

You can bite me, too....rescue bully.

Callie girl

Well Pet Clinic does adoptions on Saturday's I believe. The last time I was in there they had a few kittens. I have also got animals from the pound, I don't like to see them get put to sleep.