Local Hero

D

Dixie

Has this been posted from thebaynet yet? Incredible feel good story!

Grill Sgt. Earns New Rank of Hero After Saving Woman's Life
SOLOMON'S ISLAND - 2/8/2008

By Sean Rice, Managing Editor
On the way home from a family dinner in California, Mike Theesen was heading home over the Thomas Johnson Bridge to Calvert County when he passed what appeared to be a disabled vehicle in the oncoming lane, displaying hazard lights.

“Daddy that lady’s gonna jump,” his daughter Lauren said as they passed.

Seconds later, Theesen was standing next to the distraught woman, who was barefoot and facing off the edge of the highest part of the bridge.

“Hold on Baby, what’s the problem,” he recalls saying, as the wind and rain pounded. “Today’s not gonna be the day.

“A few seconds later I bear-hugged her and threw her over the wall. I held her against the hood of her car until she calmed down.”

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dixie

Maybe he means to say that he pulled her back off the wall, that would make more sense to me

It's the leading story on thebaynet.com. I stink at posting links and copied and posted the whole story instead and vrai edited. Too long maybe - maybe I did something illegal - not sure. It's a great story - guys picture is there - what he did. I mean so many people think it's funny to yell jump. He stopped in the middle of the bridge to save her. I can't imagine - that bridge scares the hell out of me.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Awesome, I salute him for his compassion to help a total stranger in distress...:buddies:

dawn

Wow, this lady had an angel looking over her. A wonderful ending to what could have been quite tragic. Thankfully this man was in the right place at the right time. Great job!

madMAX

Shows you that this is a truly wonderful person. Most people would have just turned and looked the other way. Good things happened to good people, this guy has some well derserved good luck coming his way. :huggy: