Recommendations?

SShewbert

What love is all about
The hubby and I are planning on taking a minivacation here soon and was thinking either Williamsburg or Hershey. Does anyone have any recommendations on those two or anywhere else within those kind of distances? It will be me, him, and our two little ones ages 1 and 3. TIA

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
The hubby and I are planning on taking a minivacation here soon and was thinking either Williamsburg or Hershey. Does anyone have any recommendations on those two or anywhere else within those kind of distances? It will be me, him, and our two little ones ages 1 and 3. TIA

Are you planning to go to the theme parks? If so in PA there is a theme park geared towards little ones.. Dutch Wonderland I think it's called. I haven't been there myself but have heard great things about it.

SShewbert

What love is all about
Are you planning to go to the theme parks? If so in PA there is a theme park geared towards little ones.. Dutch Wonderland I think it's called. I haven't been there myself but have heard great things about it.

I am not sure really what we are planning. I was kind of wanting to get ideas as to what we can do and where we can stay. Just want to do something for just us since we dont get much family time.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

Oh I have a great idea!! Hubby and I took our little ones to the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, what fun for them and us! Lots to do.:howdy:

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
Oh I have a great idea!! Hubby and I took our little ones to the Great Wolf Lodge in Williamsburg, what fun for them and us! Lots to do.:howdy:

I agree, especially with kids that young this would be a great place. Now going to actual Williamsburg I'm not so sure unless your into seeing the historic part. I enjoyed it cause I love history and I love golf which is another great thing about Williamsburg.

Hershey is great when the kids are around 5-6 years of age to really get your moneys worth. At 1 and 3 I think I would pass cause basically after seeing the factory there won't be much to do.

Dutch Wonderland would be good for the kids but this would probably be it. If you are just planning a 1-2 day getaway then this is definitely a option. Any longer I would say pick something else.

I went to both last year and enjoyed both. Again only my opinion but I think it really boils down to how long you want to stay, what are your expectations for the kids and activities you are looking to do.

Drive wise there isn't much of a huge difference. I can make it to Williamsburg in 1hr 45min. Hershey 2hr and 20min.

We do Christmas in Hershey and Dutch Wonderland Christmas ( this was our 2nd year ) and we love it! We're hoping to get back in the spring or fall of this year since more rides will be open. It's worth the trip! :yay:

Callie girl

I took my kids to Hershey at ages 3 and 2 and we all had a great time. I think I would try Dutch Wonderland though. My kids have no fear when it comes to rides, if they let them on they went.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Why center it around a theme park or some other "man-made" adventure? Why not find a cabin someplace in the mountains or near a lake, and let the entire family enjoy/explore nature? DQ had more fun checking out tiny baby tadpoles at a lake and finding cool rocks than she did when we went to Disney. :yay:

T

toppick08

Why center it around a theme park or some other "man-made" adventure? Why not find a cabin someplace in the mountains or near a lake, and let the entire family enjoy/explore nature? DQ had more fun checking out tiny baby tadpoles at a lake and finding cool rocks than she did when we went to Disney. :yay:

Kinda' like playing more with the boxes that the toy came in......:lmao:

sccrmommy

Great Wolf is great, but they are pretty booked right now through March, and it's REALLY expensive. Is Sesame Place still open in PA?? If so I would say there for kids that young.

JLS

Hi girlie! How funny - we were considering one of those two places for a mini-getaway too!! Good minds.. :howdy:

SShewbert

What love is all about
We were thinking about 2 days and yes I was thinking of looking around Williamsburg. I went there in 5th grade and would like to go back again and look.

SShewbert

What love is all about
Thank you all for the suggestions. We have decided on the Great Wolf Lodge. Sounds like fun and we have never been. Now the next problem is finding my kids some swimsuits.

Thank you all for the suggestions. We have decided on the Great Wolf Lodge. Sounds like fun and we have never been. Now the next problem is finding my kids some swimsuits.

So when are you planning to go to great wolf? I was thinking about that as well but ended up booking Jellystone in June. The kids are excited already.

lil_daisy

no there, go to target. they are in stock! You may need "swim diapers" too.