13 Children Hospitalized, Parents Jailed on Torture Charges

seven

A Perris, California, mother and father are behind bars Monday after one of their children escaped their home and reported to sheriff's deputies that 12 of her siblings were still being held captive at their home, some of them shackled with chains and padlocks to their beds.

All of the children appeared malnourished when they were found Sunday, some so severely that deputies initially believed the adult children to be kids, according to a statement from the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.

David Allen Turpin, 57, and Louise Anna Turpin, 49, have been booked on charges of torture and child endangerment. They are each being held in lieu of $9 million bail.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...-469421183.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

Hijinx

It's hard to imagine how you can keep 12 children locked up for so many years.
Even harder to imagine a mother and father crazy enough to do it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's hard to imagine how you can keep 12 children locked up for so many years.
Even harder to imagine a mother and father crazy enough to do it.

You never know. Someone once thought it was a great idea to bury a busload of children.

PJay

Horrible story.

So happy they are doing well!

I know exactly how they feel about not being able to look or think about a peanut butter or bologna sandwich. I felt that way about cheese sandwiches. For a time in my life had to suffer having an evil stepmother and that's all she fed me.

I struggle with not be able to understand how people can be so evil.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
And it gets worse...

EXCLUSIVE: Foster father responsible for caring for five siblings rescued from Turpin family 'house of horrors' is charged with molesting two of the sisters 'more than 50 times' - and torturing the others - along with his wife and daughter​

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
And it gets worse...

EXCLUSIVE: Foster father responsible for caring for five siblings rescued from Turpin family 'house of horrors' is charged with molesting two of the sisters 'more than 50 times' - and torturing the others - along with his wife and daughter​

The foster kid industrial complex needs to be torn down. Taking in 9 kids just for the monthly money.

Who checks up on these people? Someone wasn't doing their job.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The majority of society cares about children, the few that don’t just get the press coverage. But also our society is sick and really needs an enema.

We're watching Girls Incarcerated on Netflix and the ghetto crap that produced these feral young women, most of whom have gone on to produce more unwanted feral kids and increase their ghetto numbers exponentially, is shameful. You see in the show that the facility isn't really trying to teach these girls how to get their act together and set them up for success on the outside, just babysitting them until they can get them the hell out of there.

So I think we can say with some observational authority that government doesn't care about children. It's up to parents to do that, and now the bastards are trying everything they can to turn every kid into a ward of the state. Politicians blahblah about how it's "for the children" but not a single one of them has done anything to better the life of any kid, and in fact they just make it worse.

Hijinx

How can anyone expect our kids to act in a civilized moral manner with the crap they are being taught in our schools.
WTH happened to our teachers that they are willing to teach this garbage.