13 yo Jayme Closs Found

officeguy

There is a lot more here than meets the eye.

Hope it's not 'boyfriend from the internets' situation. I got beaten up verbally when I suggested that possibility early on in the case. Just makes no sense for a random kidnapping from some two bedroom rambler in rural WI .

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hope it's not 'boyfriend from the internets' situation. I got beaten up verbally when I suggested that possibility early on in the case. Just makes no sense for a random kidnapping from some two bedroom rambler in rural WI .

PR said there wasn't any indication of that.

officeguy

PR said there wasn't any indication of that.

With some of the chat platforms using end-end encryption and deletion of messages seconds after they are read, I don't see how the police will ever be able to prove that negative.
This is some chicken farming town in the middle of nowhere and someone targeted a particular home, killed the parents and snatched a particular teenager that he haf no prior contact with. I hope the FBI doesn't leave us with that story as explanation of what happened.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
With some of the chat platforms using end-end encryption and deletion of messages seconds after they are read, I don't see how the police will ever be able to prove that negative.
This is some chicken farming town in the middle of nowhere and someone targeted a particular home, killed the parents and snatched a particular teenager that he haf no prior contact with. I hope the FBI doesn't leave us with that story as explanation of what happened.

They indicated that he may have covered his tracks well. The FBI has a lot of digging to do.

In the case of Elizabeth Smart, it was someone that did work on their home. No social media involved.

officeguy

They indicated that he may have covered his tracks well. The FBI has a lot of digging to do.

In the case of Elizabeth Smart, it was someone that did work on their home. No social media involved.

Elizabeth smart was abducted in 2002, long before teenagers had cellphones and social media was a thing.

Hijinx

Keeping a 13 yo girl captive and out of sight for 3 months is no small feat.
Then, was she molested or did she suffer Stockholm Syndrome?
The question is why would someone murder Mom and dad and take this girl in the first place?
It doesn't make much sense unless sex was involved, he certainly did not need a housekeeper.
I suppose all of this will be gone over eventually and we will find the truth.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Come sit next to me.

I'm going to guess that she "met" him online, they had a little romance, and she didn't realize he was a psycho who would kill her parents and kidnap her. Honestly, my first thought was that she was a partner in this, but then why escape? He lived 70 miles from her (?), how did he come into contact with her initially? How did he know she even exists? He worked with her parents for one day - is that how? They're ("they" being the police) saying that he had no previous contact with her, but that makes no sense at all. He surely met her or saw her somewhere or had contact with her in some way. Did he just enter some house at random and get lucky? That seems farfetched. And they're saying that he planned his actions, which also indicates he had a specific victim in mind.

There are a lot of questions about this story.