2nd grade Homework

Rael

Supper's Ready
Top of Homework says to take each word given- drop one letter then add two letters. (not much info and no examples given) and two of the words that he is supposed to figure out are (between) and (does)

as in create another legitimate word or phrase with both of them?
between, drop the "w" = beteen, add two "s" in the right location to form words = be(s)t (s)een = best seen?
:shrug:

Last edited:

Rael

Supper's Ready
Lots of boards with these kind of games of add a letter, drop a letter. When I googled it, I saw a few (one of which was this tread). Gluck.

I know!

In "between" - you drop the "b" and have "etween" - add 2 letters to get a new word - "etweenXX" or "XXetween" or "XetweenX"

OR

In "between" - you drop the "n" and have "betwee" - add 2 letters to get a new word - "betweeXX" or "XXbetwee" or "XbetweeX"

Can't figure it out for 'between' or for 'does'...

Rael

Supper's Ready
I know!

In "between" - you drop the "b" and have "etween" - add 2 letters to get a new word - "etweenXX" or "XXetween" or "XetweenX"

OR

In "between" - you drop the "n" and have "betwee" - add 2 letters to get a new word - "betweeXX" or "XXbetwee" or "XbetweeX"

Can't figure it out for 'between' or for 'does'...
From what we've been told, vrai's and my answers should be correct. I know it's a child game (or homework), but it sounds more like a forum board tread question. I love word games, this one is kinda like a jumble (I'm good at those).

Pandora

Ah, I'm college educated and find that tough as hell. 2nd grade? No wonder kids grow up and shoot people these days. :jameo:

From what we've been told, vrai's and my answers should be correct. I know it's a child game (or homework), but it sounds more like a forum board tread question. I love word games, this one is kinda like a jumble (I'm good at those).

I see - so like 'DOES' - Drop the 'E' and add 'CK' ro get 'DOCKS'?

Letters can be dropped anywhere...

Just was not thinking outside the box on this...

Screw this, this is too much like work! :lol:

OldHillcrestGuy

Are we not "Smarter then a Second Grader" :killingme:killingme

Grandaughter who is first grader had something very similiar to this just a couple of weeks ago with words, OHG was having brain cramps one after another trying to find words:doh:.

Are we not "Smarter then a Second Grader" :killingme:killingme

Grandaughter who is first grader had something very similiar to this just a couple of weeks ago with words, OHG was having brain cramps one after another trying to find words:doh:.

When I don't know I look at the boy and say "I already went to 6th grade - you got a book??? Figure it out..." :lol:

cdsulhoff

I would put every ones possible answer on the paper and then write a note to the teacher and tell her to clarify the assignment next time with examples!