Maryland Governor to slow speeding drivers

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley is deploying speed cameras state wide to put speeding drivers in check. Very good move:yahoo::yahoo:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
He's also raising gas taxes so it costs more to drive.

FYI: Speeding isn't the problem, it the speed differential between the slowest and fastest cars on the road.
Imagine a speed camera on 235. I don't know of anybody that actually drives 45 :lol:

Last edited:

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
He's also raising gas taxes so it costs more to drive.

FYI: Speeding isn't the problem, it the speed differential between the slowest and fastest cars on the road.
Imagine a speed camera on 235. I don't know of anybody that actually drives 45 :lol:

I guess they will now, It will also catch speeding police cars:killingme

ImnoMensa

This is just another tax.

M.O.M. is looking for easy money and nothing is easier than having camera's do the work for him. This iosnt about speeding , its about making money off the speeders.

The speeder gets no points so it is only a tax that allows those with money to speed.
After paying a few tickets the speeder knows where the camera's are and just waits till he is past it and speeds up again.

This doesnt slow speeding it increases revenue. Whe MOM is involved follow the money.

OldHillcrestGuy

Going to raise taxes to pay for the cameras....

Lets hope not, maybe he can use his credit card:lmao:, once he buys the camera's he shouldnt have too much of a problem paying them off with the amount of speeding tickets that will be handed out. That film in the camera is what going to cost him, the camera's will be running out all the time.:lmao:

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
This is just another tax.

M.O.M. is looking for easy money and nothing is easier than having camera's do the work for him. This iosnt about speeding , its about making money off the speeders.

The speeder gets no points so it is only a tax that allows those with money to speed.
After paying a few tickets the speeder knows where the camera's are and just waits till he is past it and speeds up again.

This doesnt slow speeding it increases revenue. Whe MOM is involved follow the money.

From what I understand the camera's are mobile and mounted on white vans.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Although the bill only allows cameras in the Washington, DC suburb of Montgomery County, legislators are already poised to expand it to every part of the state. "I don't mind riding on Montgomery County's coattails," said Delegate Emmett Burns Jr. (D-Baltimore County). "I will introduce my bill the same as Montgomery County's."
Opponents cited constitutional concerns. "It's a violation of Article 21 in the Maryland Declaration of Rights, which grants the citizens of this state the right to face their accuser," said Delegate Don Dwyer (R-Anne Arundel County).
The legislation becomes effective in 30 days, allowing cameras to issue $40 fines on roads with a speed limit of 35 MPH or less. The legislation removes the presumption that a cited car owner is innocent until proven guilty with a much lower "preponderance of the evidence" standard. It also allows the Maryland Vehicle Administration to suspend the license of any state resident who fails to pay a fine sent through the mail.

:yay: I love it when the legislators care enough about me to ignore the constitution.

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
Oh yeah: Like they are going to send tickets to police officers.

If you believe that one I have a bridge to calvert County I will sell you cheap.

Don't put it pass him he will do this as well. I dont think it will be long term just to send a message.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I guess they will now, It will also catch speeding police cars:killingme
--------------------------------------------
I saw one of St. Mary's Finest" activate his lights and siren just so he could race through an intersection. After he got through, he turned everything off. WTF??

DEEKAYPEE8569

Remember they make the laws they can also change them.
--------------------------------------------

"The reason congressmen try so hard to get re-elected is that they would hate to have to make a living under the laws they've passed."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ha ha! I hope every one of you who voted for O'Malley and supported the smoking ban get a big fat whopping ticket. Doesn't affect me because I don't speed. :coffee:

:roflmao:

"I don't hate speeders, but...." It sure will be nice to drive somewhere without maniacs all over the place trying to kill me.

:lmao:

From what I understand the camera's are mobile and mounted on white vans.

Now that will be interesting - reason I say so is because in Germany there are red light cameras leading into cities and towns off of the Autobahn... they are all fixed. People behave themselves in and around the cities.

I have seen them on the Autobahn between Stuttgart and Bavaria... you are hauling azz as fast as the car can go then next thing you see is a warning sign for a speed camera, everyone slows down through that area (well, down to about 120 KPH) then speed back up again into an unlimited speed area! :lol:

KWAK

Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley is deploying speed cameras state wide to put speeding drivers in check. Very good move:yahoo::yahoo:

Crap - I'm in trouble now. . . As if The Man with his radar guns don't get me enough. . . Yeah, I got a speeding problem. There a support group for that?