Ice skating?

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Can anyone give a recommendation for a good ice skating rink in the area? I know there is one in Bowie, or there was, and there is another one somewhere I think...but does anyone have a personal suggestion of a favorite rink? I just want one that is well kept and doesn't get TOO crowded. Also, the one that I remember I really liked had different selections for skates to rent. They had the standard "figure skating" type, with the toe brake, and then the "hocky" type of skate as well.

Thanks.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Can anyone give a recommendation for a good ice skating rink in the area? I know there is one in Bowie, or there was, and there is another one somewhere I think...but does anyone have a personal suggestion of a favorite rink? I just want one that is well kept and doesn't get TOO crowded. Also, the one that I remember I really liked had different selections for skates to rent. They had the standard "figure skating" type, with the toe brake, and then the "hocky" type of skate as well.

Thanks.

waldorf! Capital Clubhouse > Home

Callie girl

Thanks.

I only know of the one in Waldorf at the Capital Clubhouse.

Floyd2004

-Void-
Theres a place in Waldorf that ive been too. Skates were okish and the rink was kinda small from others ive been too but overall it was ok.

Its called the something clubhouse I think. IDK its been awhile since ive been up there.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I only know of the one in Waldorf at the Capital Clubhouse.

Theres a place in Waldorf that ive been too. Skates were okish and the rink was kinda small from others ive been too but overall it was ok.

Its called the something clubhouse I think. IDK its been awhile since ive been up there.

Thanks guys. I think that is the other one I've been too. If so it was decent but I can't recall which was better...there or the one in Bowie. I wouldn't mind driving double the distance if it is a big difference in quality. Anyone ever been to both and can tell me which is better in your opinion?

Callie girl

Thanks guys. I think that is the other one I've been too. If so it was decent but I can't recall which was better...there or the one in Bowie. I wouldn't mind driving double the distance if it is a big difference in quality. Anyone ever been to both and can tell me which is better in your opinion?

Ocean City has a small one in a hotel :lmao:

meddauna

yea, unfortunately Waldorf is a bit far away. but, thats probably your best bet for skating. worst part is i still haven't seen anything about adult ice hockey leagues from them. I'm sitting here getting fat waiting for a relatively close adult ice hockey league. just seems like st. Marys county really lacks any sort of real recreational facilities unless I'm just not seeing them.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
ha, I remember that now too. I can't remember exactly which hotel off hand, its one of those big ones that have like, huge rooms...like, mini apartments :lol: (I think...like, Carnival or something sounds right?)

It's the Carousel Hotel in Ocean City

We went to Capital Clubhouse this weekend and had a great time. They had a choice of skates: Figure or Hockey. I loved the ones for the kids that were velcro instead of laces.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

We went to Capital Clubhouse this weekend and had a great time. They had a choice of skates: Figure or Hockey. I loved the ones for the kids that were velcro instead of laces.

interesting, maybe that is where I shall go then (to capital clubhouse) because I remember it at least being pretty nice...and its a lot closer than Bowie. I just wanted a place to take GF ice skating because she has never been and so I figured I'd surprise her with that for our 6 month anni. Thats a daggone cheap date too, shoot, I'd rather spend 2 hours skating than buy a dinner for the same price :lol:

Callie girl

That's right I should have remembered that name. OH by the way :howdy:

LordStanley

I know nothing
yea, unfortunately Waldorf is a bit far away. but, thats probably your best bet for skating. worst part is i still haven't seen anything about adult ice hockey leagues from them. I'm sitting here getting fat waiting for a relatively close adult ice hockey league. just seems like st. Marys county really lacks any sort of real recreational facilities unless I'm just not seeing them.

dude, you really need to check the website for ice hockey leagues. Waldorf has 3 nights of pickup and 2 mens leagues. 30 and over and 18 and up.....

If your interested in playing roller, go to the drill hall in leonardtown. Mens rollerleagues every wednesday night. its not much (rink sux and its small) but its hockey and competitive.

IMHO, Waldorf is better than bowie. the facililty is better, they do a decent job on the Ice, and the proshop has tons of equipment. If you need it and they dont have it, mike will special order it!

Now for open Skate. Its hit or miss. One afternoon, is busy as hell with idiot rink rats. the next its empty. But all rinks are like that