Looking for Pup

K

kernt

My daughter has been asking for a puppy for a couple months now. Thinking about getting her one for Easter. I need help in finding exactly what I want to get her. First of all, I'm allergic to dogs...so need something with short hair that won't make me sneeze all the time. Second...want something small. If anyone out there can help me...I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

poster

My daughter has been asking for a puppy for a couple months now. Thinking about getting her one for Easter. I need help in finding exactly what I want to get her. First of all, I'm allergic to dogs...so need something with short hair that won't make me sneeze all the time. Second...want something small. If anyone out there can help me...I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Poodle!!!

They do not shed. My mother/grandmother and sister each have one and they are ALL kid friendly. They each love my daughter. Only one of the 3 is yappy. These 3 range in size from 4lbs to 10lbs, 8" to 14" tall but there are poodles of all sizes. Keep in mind they can be high maintenance with the vet and groomer (unless you groom them yourself, we do).

backagain39

I suggest any of the terrier breeds.

I have yorkies, which are high maintenance but they have *hair* not fur, so no shedding and good around people with allergies and good with kids.

Geek

Visit the local shelter and save a life

frequentflier

happy to be living

How old is your daughter? Some of the smaller breeds can be a bit snappy with young children. My Chihuahua mix does not like most children and some groups would not have adopted her to me if I have children under 12.

You may want to consider adopting a dog that is over 2 years. It may be easier on your furniture, carpet and nerves! Most animals that come from local rescues have been fostered in people's homes and they know the tempermant of the dog or cat. They usually know how socialized the animal is with ther animals and children.

Many animals end up in shelters because people didn't choose the right pet for their environment. Try to find a dog that will fit in with your lifestyle and home situation.

Please PM me if you want any info on local groups or shelters and I will try to hook you up!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
How old is your daughter? Some of the smaller breeds can be a bit snappy with young children. My Chihuahua mix does not like most children and some groups would not have adopted her to me if I have children under 12.

You may want to consider adopting a dog that is over 2 years. It may be easier on your furniture, carpet and nerves! Most animals that come from local rescues have been fostered in people's homes and they know the tempermant of the dog or cat. They usually know how socialized the animal is with ther animals and children.

Many animals end up in shelters because people didn't choose the right pet for their environment. Try to find a dog that will fit in with your lifestyle and home situation.

Please PM me if you want any info on local groups or shelters and I will try to hook you up!

:yay:

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!

Schnauzer, schnauzer, schnauzer! I have had 2 and they are wonderful, non-allergy too! Get a mini:howdy:

barncat

Schnauzer, schnauzer, schnauzer! I have had 2 and they are wonderful, non-allergy too! Get a mini:howdy:

My sister's schnauzer is very good with my toddler. My little one is very touchy feely and the poor guy tolerates it and retreats to his room when he has had enough.

TBone

Oh my god...do I agree with the poodle. I purchased a standard poodle (yes, I know they're bigger then the toy poodles) back in October. He is 6 months old and weighs in at 55 pounds, but he is the best dog I have ever owned. I swear he is human and never, ever sheds. Great breed!

Poodle!!!

They do not shed. My mother/grandmother and sister each have one and they are ALL kid friendly. They each love my daughter. Only one of the 3 is yappy. These 3 range in size from 4lbs to 10lbs, 8" to 14" tall but there are poodles of all sizes. Keep in mind they can be high maintenance with the vet and groomer (unless you groom them yourself, we do).

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Oh my god...do I agree with the poodle. I purchased a standard poodle (yes, I know they're bigger then the toy poodles) back in October. He is 6 months old and weighs in at 55 pounds, but he is the best dog I have ever owned. I swear he is human and never, ever sheds. Great breed!

They are human!!:lmao: We adore ours.

K

kernt

How old is your daughter? Some small breeds can be to fragile for little ones. Poodle are great, we have 4 of them! There are several small breeds at the shelters that would be great.

She is 11 years old. So, she's old enough to take care of him/her herself.

K

kernt

I was looking online at the Pomchi (pomeranian/chihauhua mix). Noticed they were small and don't shed. If anyone knows someone that has Pomchi's, please let me know. Thanks!

Geek

I was looking online at the Pomchi (pomeranian/chihauhua mix). Noticed they were small and don't shed. If anyone knows someone that has Pomchi's, please let me know. Thanks!

I would look in local shelters and petfinder so you can save a life.

Cowgirl

I'm having a hard time believing they don't shed. Both the pomeranian and the chihuahua shed, so why wouldn't the cross shed?

IMO, designer breeds are kinda silly. Instead of paying way too much for a mutt, you could rescue one and pay much less.