Searching for a safe car seat

Pookie

Ghetto Fabulous
Okay,

I've been doing a mad search online for some of the safest car seats. I need to find a new one for my baby. I'm looking for a booster type, with a high back, etc. She weighs about 30 pounds and is in need of something bigger.

I've only come across one on the consumer reports website, which was the Eddie Bauer Summit made by Cosco. Can anybody suggest any other websites to research? I'm planning on purchasing one before Friday, as we're going on a road trip. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA!:biggrin:

SxyPrincess

Why do you need a car seat? Just sit her in the front seat and strap the seatbelt around her...:duh:

J/K of course! My little one has been out of a car seat for so long, I don't have any advice to help you out with. If I come across something, I'll let you know.

G

giggles04

No help in the finding a seat... but when it comes to putting the seat in your vehicle... I can be of help. My dad is one of those child safety seat people and knows how to put them in properly.

RodRugg

We got this car seat for my cousin's baby shower at Wal-Mart and it was the Strap Down Deluxe by Whamo. It seemed like it was nice and it was made of recycled plastic. It had a place to sit with cup holders and a built in chew toy. It fits any car and comes with special straps for if you have a pick up truck or El Camino.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by SxyPrincess
My little one has been out of a car seat for so long, I don't have any advice to help you out with. If I come across something, I'll let you know.

:nono: not THAT long, I hope.

Must be in restraint (child safety seat) - 5 yrs. and younger or 40 lbs. or less (eff. 10/1/03) Adult seat belt - 6 yrs. and more than 40 lbs. through 15 yrs. (eff. 10/1/03) (Maryland laws)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cattitude

Must be in restraint (child safety seat) - 5 yrs. and younger or 40 lbs. or less (eff. 10/1/03) Adult seat belt - 6 yrs. and more than 40 lbs. through 15 yrs. (eff. 10/1/03) (Maryland laws)
I thought it was 80 lbs. or 12 years, whichever comes first?

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by cattitude

She was 40 lbs at 4 years old. She's been out of a car seat since she was about 4 1/2. :biggrin:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That's sitting up front. How many 12 yr-olds do you know in car seats? :duh:
None. Most of friends kids are either younger or older. :cheesy:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
She was 40 lbs at 4 years old. She's been out of a car seat since she was about 4 1/2. :biggrin:

The 4 & 40 law was changed, to go into effect this coming October.

The Amer Assoc of Pediatrics recommends the law be 8 yrs and 80 lbs. But they couldn't get that passed as law.

We bought a booster seat at WalMart for our oldest boy. When he got big enough for a booster, we first used one of the ones that is just a platform, no sides or anything, we won it at the school orientation fair. When he would fall asleep, it looked painful the way he would bend over and whatnot. We then upgraded to one of the ones that looks like a real seat, it has sides, armrests, pillow, cupholder and junk pouch. He is much more secure in it than he was in the old one. I THINK it is a graco seat, may be COSCO though. It is blue and I think we paid +/- $30.00 for it. I like this one MUCH better than the old one.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by huntr1
We bought a booster seat at WalMart for our oldest boy. When he got big enough for a booster, we first used one of the ones that is just a platform, no sides or anything, we won it at the school orientation fair. When he would fall asleep, it looked painful the way he would bend over and whatnot. We then upgraded to one of the ones that looks like a real seat, it has sides, armrests, pillow, cupholder and junk pouch. He is much more secure in it than he was in the old one. I THINK it is a graco seat, may be COSCO though. It is blue and I think we paid +/- $30.00 for it. I like this one MUCH better than the old one.

But it's not suitable for a child under 4 and at least 35-40 lbs. She needs one that is a car seat that converts to a booster.