Louise is gone :(

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Thanks to a wet floor, a dog underfoot and a poorly timed door opening. :frown: Flew right out the door before I could scramble to my feet. :bawl:

Loise was a biatch from the start and hated for anyone to be near her, so I doubt that any of the other budgies will miss her. She was impossible to handle and was just generally sour all the time. I'm still sad though. She doesn't have a chance outside. Thelma is all alone but she didn't like Louise either.

Jack and Will were tightly bonded but have been fighting because I think Will is fed up with Jack mounting him.

Monty and Dot are fine and just keep to themselves so Thelma is on her own.
Should I replace Louise? Will Thelma feel like the fifth wheel now?
How sucky.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Sorry to hear she flew the coup. :huggy:

What kind of bird? A zillion years ago my grandma's parrot said bye-bye as it flew out the open window. :lol:

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I have parakeets.

Not what birds maniacs would call special, but I love having them. Mess and noise and all.

Everyone else thinks they're annoying:lol:

I had Will, Jack and Louise dumped on me by psycho girl and I fell in love. I bought Thelma hoping that Louise would warm up.

Monty and Dot came from Mystical Mom:biggrin: But she has visitation rights:yay:

Now Thelma is an oddball. I need a new Louise:ohwell:

I

Inkpen

I have parakeets.

Not what birds maniacs would call special, but I love having them. Mess and noise and all.

Everyone else thinks they're annoying:lol:

I had Will, Jack and Louise dumped on me by psycho girl and I fell in love. I bought Thelma hoping that Louise would warm up.

Monty and Dot came from Mystical Mom:biggrin: But she has visitation rights:yay:

Now Thelma is an oddball. I need a new Louise:ohwell:

I am sorry you lost your bird. :huggy:
Can you hang a cage outside for her to come back to for safety?
Just a thought....

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I am sorry you lost your bird. :huggy:
Can you hang a cage outside for her to come back to for safety?
Just a thought....

I already have my spare outside in case she flies by and senses something familiar.

I keep two cages set up and move the birds from one to the other once a month so they don't get bored. It's easier to clean, I don't jostle them around and they have different toys to play with.

That little bugger.:frown:

M

Mousebaby

I have two very opinionated cockatiels. You talk about loud mouths! I think it would be a good idea to find Thelma a new friend. Try to find one that is friendly and introduce them slowly before putting them together for good. Poor Louise. If she was very brightly colored she will definitely not last long, sorry! :huggy: I had one fly away on me years ago when the wind blew his cage over. I had him out on the porch sunning himself, next thing I knew I heard this crash and looked and he was gone! :ohwell:

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I have two very opinionated cockatiels. You talk about loud mouths! I think it would be a good idea to find Thelma a new friend. Try to find one that is friendly and introduce them slowly before putting them together for good. Poor Louise. If she was very brightly colored she will definitely not last long, sorry! :huggy: I had one fly away on me years ago when the wind blew his cage over. I had him out on the porch sunning himself, next thing I knew I heard this crash and looked and he was gone! :ohwell:

Gee mouse, thanks for making me worry more. There's an eagle near my house and several hawks... She's bright green and even though she's a total biatch, I don't think she could take them.:ohwell:

I need to get a new Keet somewhere besides Petco. It's too hard to CHOOSE one the way they are all jammed together.:frown:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Gee mouse, thanks for making me worry more. There's an eagle near my house and several hawks... She's bright green and even though she's a total biatch, I don't think she could take them.:ohwell:

I need to get a new Keet somewhere besides Petco. It's too hard to CHOOSE one the way they are all jammed together.:frown:

I got one there just over a year ago. I picked him because he was strutting all around the bottom of the cage. I absolutely adore him. His name is Toby Keith and can say about 7 things including his name and he loves music by Toby Keith, he will bob up and down and walk back and forth like he's dancing but only to Toby Keith music. Funny but strange.

I was in Petco in Prince Frederick today and they had 4 or 5 in the cage, green, yellow and a few blue ones.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses

How about going to Corner Critters in Leonardtown to get one?

oldman

Lobster Land
Had one years ago and my son saw him/her heading towards the open door so he only had time to slam it shut. Bird did not mask it outside. Guess you could say it got in a jamb. It was the supposedly the youngest pet so I ran and got another while he was at school. Slightly different color which he noticed, but he accepted it when I told him they change color the older they get.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
Had one years ago and my son saw him/her heading towards the open door so he only had time to slam it shut. Bird did not mask it outside. Guess you could say it got in a jamb. It was the supposedly the youngest pet so I ran and got another while he was at school. Slightly different color which he noticed, but he accepted it when I told him they change color the older they get.

OMG that's just awful!!!

Well, to add insult to injury, I bumped a little deer on my way to work tonight. Literally, just bumped him.

I hope I don't roll over on my dog in my sleep or accidentally blow him up tomorrow:frown:

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I got one there just over a year ago. I picked him because he was strutting all around the bottom of the cage. I absolutely adore him. His name is Toby Keith and can say about 7 things including his name and he loves music by Toby Keith, he will bob up and down and walk back and forth like he's dancing but only to Toby Keith music. Funny but strange.

I was in Petco in Prince Frederick today and they had 4 or 5 in the cage, green, yellow and a few blue ones.

That's too funny! He needs a little cowboy hat!! :yay:
Mine liek when I whistle to them, but the bonded pairs mostly talk to one another. I wish I had time to teach each one a few words individually.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
How about going to Corner Critters in Leonardtown to get one?

I don't like that place either. I always thought the pet stores around here had owners who weren't particularly fond of pets:ohwell:

Maybe I can find someone who breeds or who has one they'd be willing to part with.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
I don't like that place either. I always thought the pet stores around here had owners who weren't particularly fond of pets:ohwell:

Maybe I can find someone who breeds or who has one they'd be willing to part with.

Check the classifieds and craig's list to see if someone needs to place their birdies.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
OK, I should not have looked there.. This lady is practically giving away a whole flock of birds.:jameo:

Love birds for $50.00. Love birds are soo cute...

:ohwell:

I don't have time for more pets.
:lalala: