Hummingbirds are here!

wineo

loving life
Saw my first hummer this a.m. at home. :yahoo:

Congrats, I put my feeders out yesterday, hoping to see some soon. We have just about every type of bird here in these tall pines.

Do you use plain sugar water or red necter?

Kittykat33

Why me??
I am going to put my first feeder up hopefully today!! I am excited! When I lived in California we had a hummingbird nest, and the mom would only let my mom get close to it. Anyone else she would get mad.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Thank God...

Saw my first hummer this a.m. at home. :yahoo:

...the new case of shotgun shells arrived in the nick of time. People have no idea how difficult it is to hit those little bastards. We spend half the summer fixing glass in the greenhouse after a good day of hummer hunting.

...the new case of shotgun shells arrived in the nick of time. People have no idea how difficult it is to hit those little bastards. We spend half the summer fixing glass in the greenhouse after a good day of hummer hunting.

You might be using too much gun. Try a .38 with snake shot load. Much quicker on target.:yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Congrats, I put my feeders out yesterday, hoping to see some soon. We have just about every type of bird here in these tall pines.

Do you use plain sugar water or red necter?

I bought some nectar that you mix with water. At home, I usually use sugar water, but I didn't this time.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I'm ignoring Larry.

I saw the male again tonight. Nothing at work yet, and that is usually where I get the most.