Airport View and Rte. 235

Got it straight from the horse's mouth yesterday on the fix for Airport View Dr. in Hollywood.

The median crossover at Airport View will be closed off. A full traffic signal is going in at Clark's Landing Road and 235. Where the road is cut through the hill on the southbound lane (Smartronix sign) will become a through street (Commerce Ave.) into the industrial park. U-turns will be allowed at the lights.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:roundabout:

I don't understand what is so difficult about the concept :shrug:

They require drivers to make a decision as to weather on not to yield the right of way.
Yielding the right of way is very difficult. Many driver are unable to do it even when directed to do so by a "STOP" sign like the one at the end of Airport View. If they were able to "STOP" as directed until it's clear to proceed, this wouldn't be an issue.

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

They require drivers to make a decision as to weather on not to yield the right of way.
Yielding the right of way is very difficult. Many driver are unable to do it even when directed to do so by a "STOP" sign like the one at the end of Airport View. If they were able to "STOP" as directed until it's clear to proceed, this wouldn't be an issue.

Thats what I figured. If people knew how to drive, we wouldn't be in this scenario to begin with :lol:

I really do wish we had more roundabouts instead of traffic lights though :yay: (but like you said, it wouldn't really work with our society because people get greedy and would jump in at the wrong time and cause a major pile-up)

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Can't they just block the median? Don't let people cut across the road. They will just have to do a u-turn. I know accidents happen because of people not waiting to pull out, but does anyone know if they are mostly caused from people pulling out into traffic or people trying to get to the median?

mizteresa1965

The roundabout in Chaptico is dangerous it's self, I've almost got hit several times because the people that thought they had the right of way.....really didn't. That and I was almost rear ended because I yielded at the yield sign because someone in the circle DID have the right away.................I think a roundabout on 235 with the 4 lanes north and south, would be a funeral directors dream.

Got it straight from the horse's mouth yesterday on the fix for Airport View Dr. in Hollywood.

The median crossover at Airport View will be closed off. A full traffic signal is going in at Clark's Landing Road and 235. Where the road is cut through the hill on the southbound lane (Smartronix sign) will become a through street (Commerce Ave.) into the industrial park. U-turns will be allowed at the lights.

What is considered the "horse's mouth"?

jetmonkey

Attachments

• KenyonMarias_StraightFromTheHorsesMouth.jpg
    KenyonMarias_StraightFromTheHorsesMouth.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 53
The roundabout in Chaptico is dangerous it's self, I've almost got hit several times because the people that thought they had the right of way.....really didn't. That and I was almost rear ended because I yielded at the yield sign because someone in the circle DID have the right away.................I think a roundabout on 235 with the 4 lanes north and south, would be a funeral directors dream.

That circle was very poorly designed to begin with. I can hardly get my truck around without scraping the tires. I watched a semi go thru there.... no way he could even stay in-lane. His trailer tires were maybe 3 feet from dead center of the circle.