Got pulled over by state police

robbie

this weekend. On Sat. with teen son in van. He pulled me over and asked if I knew why. I had no idea since we just left a stop light. Though that a light was out or something with the van. He said I threw trash out the window. ... We were eating sunflower seeds and I eat them one at a time, can't do like some people do with a mouthfull. I put one shell out the window and this is why he pulled me over. Said its littering and after checking license etc. gave me a warning ticket and said a real one would cost $140 and warned me not to do it again.
They must have some good eyes to see one sunflower shell coming out the window.:doh:

peanutman

I had a friend who got pulled over Saturday by a state tropper. She said, he kept asking weird questions. It was by the WaWa, that used to be the old Halfway House. He wanted to know were she came from, with who, were's your husband, did you have funtime out etc...... Then, he gave her some flyer and just left with a warning. He never made her sign a ticket or nothing. She thought that was pretty weird.

K

kris31280

I had a friend who got pulled over Saturday by a state tropper. She said, he kept asking weird questions. It was by the WaWa, that used to be the old Halfway House. He wanted to know were she came from, with who, were's your husband, did you have funtime out etc...... Then, he gave her some flyer and just left with a warning. He never made her sign a ticket or nothing. She thought that was pretty weird.
Sounds like she or her vehicle fit a description of a tip or person of interest.

Vince

Wish they'd patrol over in my area like that. They'd catch some real litter bugs. Just follow the guy that's on his way to the dump with an open bed pickup full of trash. It flies out everywhere and they don't give a crap. :shrug:

oldman

Lobster Land
this weekend. On Sat. with teen son in van. He pulled me over and asked if I knew why. I had no idea since we just left a stop light. Though that a light was out or something with the van. He said I threw trash out the window. ... We were eating sunflower seeds and I eat them one at a time, can't do like some people do with a mouthfull. I put one shell out the window and this is why he pulled me over. Said its littering and after checking license etc. gave me a warning ticket and said a real one would cost $140 and warned me not to do it again.
They must have some good eyes to see one sunflower shell coming out the window.:doh:

Moral of the story is do not spit sunflower seeds when a cop is watching. I know and understand it sounds stupid but littering is against the law. I have the utmost respect for the police and the job they do and obviously this one has way better than 20/20 vision.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

At that point I'd have raised my eyebrow and told him the day wasn't over yet and asked him if he wanted to go for a ride.... :lmao:

bcp

In My Opinion
Had you been more observant, you would have noticed the seed shell stuck to his forehead

vegmom

Bookseller Lady

If that is considered littering there is a HUGE litter problem around every ballfield I've been too in this area. And to think the child I raised as a tree-hugger is one of the worst culprits during softball season *sniff*.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
If that is considered littering there is a HUGE litter problem around every ballfield I've been too in this area. And to think the child I raised as a tree-hugger is one of the worst culprits during softball season *sniff*.

Crap, you should see the area under my bird feeder.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Wish they'd patrol over in my area like that. They'd catch some real litter bugs. Just follow the guy that's on his way to the dump with an open bed pickup full of trash. It flies out everywhere and they don't give a crap. :shrug:

Someone needs to inform these folks the landfill is not on the shoulder of Rousby Hall Road.

robbie

I understand he had a job to do and that littering is illegal. We are at ball a lot so eating them is something we do without thinking. I just have to eat one at a time. I think the law is something more along nothing gets thrown out of a moving vehicle.
The whole time though, I was wondering why I can't get any of them in my neighborhood (Carrington in Waldorf, drug capital) to stop some of the crap going on in there. Also, if I'm littering, why can't the health dept. come out after years of calling and get my neighbors to haul some of the trash out of their property thats horrible.

Peter Forsberg

You must live in Lusby. I see trash bags laying on the side of the road all the time.

cashncarry

The cop was being excessive which now makes him BMOC (Big Man On Campus) or perhaps BMOP (Big Man On Patrol) and you were an easy target. No justice.