Carports

pappascw

Seen those carports on going down the road for sale.. Aluminum types..

Anyone have a recommendation on someone that installs them? Best price/service etc...

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
They generally start about 895.00 and go up. Some business's act as middlemen to the company. If you go to Kessler body and equip. they sell them. You place your order and pay 10 % down and then in 3-4 weeks the company (Newmart Bldg) come out and install on your property. You then pay them the balance.

WalMart sometimes has them in the spring. I liked theirs better than the other for the tubing it was made of. The one from WalMart was round tube, the others were thiner square tube that didn't look or feel as sturdy to me. I had to assemble it myself, but with 2 people it was a breeze. The way it was designed also allowed you to add extensions to both the hight in 2 ft sections and length is 8 foot sections.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
WalMart sometimes has them in the spring. I liked theirs better than the other for the tubing it was made of. The one from WalMart was round tube, the others were thiner square tube that didn't look or feel as sturdy to me. I had to assemble it myself, but with 2 people it was a breeze. The way it was designed also allowed you to add extensions to both the hight in 2 ft sections and length is 8 foot sections.

Do you still have a greenhouse? And is it moveable and usable?

Attachments

• CIMG0360-1.JPG
    CIMG0360-1.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 132
  • CIMG0361-1.JPG
    CIMG0361-1.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 165

pappascw

No problem.. I'll try calling Kesslers tomorrow.. So I guess most local places are just middlemen for this Newmart?

ImnoMensa

These things are for sale in alot ofplaces the prices are pretty much the same.

They are pretty sturdy ,in fatc I was amazed that after Isabel I didnt see a one that collapsed. I reccommend that you buy the snow braces ,adds a lot of strength for a little money.

If you are going to pour a slab for it be sure to allow a foot on either side of it so that runoff water hits the slab, If not be sure to buy the trailer anchors that screw in, They hold a lot better than driven down Re-bar. Also pick a good level spot for it.

There are two kinds the A frame and the one piece rafter. The one piece rafter is much stronger.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I want one for a shelter in a field...I was told about Carolina Carports...what did you find out?? TVM