Road Closures

kelb

art imitating life
I thought we could list the roads that are closed now and keep it up to date so that people traveling around today could avoid them as much as possible.
As of this morning I saw these roads were closed/flooded

Closed:

Plum Point rd. right around stinnet rd.
Brandywine road in a few spots ( sorry I dont know exactly where )

Flooded Bad with Delays:

Rt. 4 and Lower Pindell rd.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I thought we could list the roads that are closed now and keep it up to date so that people traveling around today could avoid them as much as possible.
As of this morning I saw these roads were closed/flooded

Closed:

Mechanicsville Road from Rt. 234 in the usual spot; no access from Yowaski Mill to Mechanicsville Road, so using Country Lakes as a detour won't work.
Dr. Johnson Road at the bottom of the hill is under water, but not closed (yet)

Flooded Bad with Delays:

Added my $.02.

Closed:

Mechanicsville Road from Rt. 234 in the usual spot; no access from Yowaski Mill to Mechanicsville Road, so using Country Lakes as a detour won't work.
Dr. Johnson Road at the bottom of the hill is under water, but not closed (yet)
Livingston Rd. in Bryans Road, from Railroad tracks to Hawthorne Rd. flooded at the creek

Flooded Bad with Delays:

nobody really

I need a nap
North Beach/Chesapeake Beach

Chesapeake Avenue and Bay Avenue closed for flooding. Rte 260 and rte 261 coming into the beaches closed for flooding.

C

CalvertNewbie

Chesapeake Avenue and Bay Avenue closed for flooding. Rte 260 and rte 261 coming into the beaches closed for flooding.

I was wondering how the roads were over there. We were just at the Rod n Reel yesterday. I hope the rain stops soon.

KMPaddy2255

Does anyone know why the road is closed off on 4 and Lower Pindell?

North/Chesapeake Beach is always a mojor flood spot.
No shocker there! I know that the new reported we
had over 6.5" of rain! We will all need boats before long!
:dance:

purplepassion

Lovin' Life
Does anyone know why the road is closed off on 4 and Lower Pindell?

North/Chesapeake Beach is always a mojor flood spot.
No shocker there! I know that the new reported we
had over 6.5" of rain! We will all need boats before long!
:dance:

Is it closed North bound or South bound? This morning at 7 am there was water across the road on the North bound lanes and it was very slow going. I suppose it's has gotten even worse now.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Is it closed North bound or South bound? This morning at 7 am there was water across the road on the North bound lanes and it was very slow going. I suppose it's has gotten even worse now.

I can't say what the situation there is like now, but this morning a car went off the road northbound just after that spot (undoubtedly part of the cause for the slow traffic initially).

kelb

art imitating life
OH geez.. so anyone know of anything on 231 or rt 4 back to plum point. I heard Plum point was closed this AM due to a tree down. I hope its all open or I dont know how else to get home :(

C

CalvertNewbie

OH geez.. so anyone know of anything on 231 or rt 4 back to plum point. I heard Plum point was closed this AM due to a tree down. I hope its all open or I dont know how else to get home :(

Where are you coming from and where do you need to get to? You can PM me if you need help - I live right near Plum Point.

kelb

art imitating life
La plata to Chesapeak Beach right near 5th st..? if 260 is closed and I just now saw Plum point is closed is there another way to get home?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
La plata to Chesapeak Beach right near 5th st..? if 260 is closed and I just now saw Plum point is closed is there another way to get home?

You might be able to go 4 to Dares Beach to Wilson and up that way, are you familiar with any of those roads? But the closer to you get to the Beach, you are going to have problems if the water is high. You may have trouble getting through the area past the light at 260 and Bay Front (or whatever 261) is called right there.

KMPaddy2255

KELB, I live in North Beach and you might have to take Dalrymple to get to Chesapeake Beach side. Old Bayside Rd. was closed this morning, so take it to Summer City. To get to North Beach 5th Street take Boyds Turn road and cut over on the side streets to get to anything past Tans Motorcycle Shop. It's blocked off there by Tans, and also the usual spot where Stinnett's used to be. Good Luck! I will be feeling the pain of the traffic mess tonight also!

kelb

art imitating life
ok Im watching my dads house and his puppy this week Hes actually in Owings right near sneads and 5th street. Im in La plata.. Maybe I should go home from work early:jameo:I just dont know that area....

Last edited:
C

CalvertNewbie

KELB, I live in North Beach and you might have to take Dalrymple to get to Chesapeake Beach side. Old Bayside Rd. was closed this morning, so take it to Summer City. To get to North Beach 5th Street take Boyds Turn road and cut over on the side streets to get to anything past Tans Motorcycle Shop. It's blocked off there by Tans, and also the usual spot where Stinnett's used to be. Good Luck! I will be feeling the pain of the traffic mess tonight also!

That's pretty much the only other way in, right, other than heading down 261 or 260?

C

CalvertNewbie

ok I lied. Im watching my dads house and his puppy this week Hes actually in Owings right near sneads and 5th street. Im in La plata.. Maybe I should go home from work early:jameo:I just dont know that area....

Oh, I'm not too sure about the Owings area. Sorry!