An inexpensive fix....

M

Mousebaby

Very impressive, but friend and I were just talking about it. We were wondering if they need to work the bugs out first like Microsoft needs to do with Vista. Would be pissed if I put that thing on my car and my car quit working after about 2yrs.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
An expensive...

...fraud.

First off, going from 9 mpg to 23 is not a 60% gain. It's more like 150% gain.

Second, your BS detectors should have gone off when they did the testing on a dynamometer instead of actual driving.

The Hydro 4000: Save 60 percent on gas? - Machinist - Salon.com

Some people say they work, some say they don't. Google around and make up your own mind.

If you normally have 15% waste of gasoline that means you'd save 15% on gas quantity if this thing made it 100% useable. So, if you bought 1,150 gallons of gas last year, a fairly normal number, then you'd only buy 1,000 if this is true. So, 150 gallons times, what $3.75, is $562. So, you're looking at 2 1/2 years to break even. Add in installation cost.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
...fraud.

Second, your BS detectors should have gone off when they did the testing on a dynamometer instead of actual driving.

Some people say they work, some say they don't. Google around and make up your own mind.

If you normally have 15% waste of gasoline that means you'd save 15% on gas quantity if this thing made it 100% useable. So, if you bought 1,150 gallons of gas last year, a fairly normal number, then you'd only buy 1,000 if this is true. So, 150 gallons times, what $3.75, is $562. So, you're looking at 2 1/2 years to break even. Add in installation cost.

Pretty much.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
...fraud.

I was waiting for this post! :biggrin:

Pandora

...fraud.

Interesting. :yay:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Water injection has been around since the thirties when somebody (Tucker?) tried to up an engines performance with water injection. They noticed you get better gas mileage on rainy days. When they tried it they found out it worked, but they couldn't get anybody interested in it.
Here's a link to a modern day water injection system that (theoretically) costs $3.72 to install.
Mother Earth Alcohol Fuel: Ron Novak's Do-It-Yourself Water Injection System

:yay: Water injection has been used to increase performance on airplanes for decades. It was used to increase power output of the engine, not for fuel economy.

I understood the issue being the weight of the water and injection system making it unreasonable for fuel economy alone. It might be worthwhile if you want a few extra horsepower.

Water injection has been around since the thirties when somebody (Tucker?) tried to up an engines performance with water injection. They noticed you get better gas mileage on rainy days. When they tried it they found out it worked, but they couldn't get anybody interested in it.
Here's a link to a modern day water injection system that (theoretically) costs $3.72 to install.
Mother Earth Alcohol Fuel: Ron Novak's Do-It-Yourself Water Injection System

Absolutely true, the water increases the compression ratio in the cylinders. However, the system talked about in this thread only uses water to create hydrogen and oxygen which is then introduced into the manifold. Water is not injected.