?

IntegritysDream

Ok so alot of people on the health fourm are mean, so im just gonna post it here.

WELL i had this lump on my lower left side of my stomach, and it only hurts when i ride really, but it is pretty sugnificent (i cant spell) so i went to the dr, and she pushed and poked on it and said its feels like a badly torn muscle but not quite a hernia. And that was about maybe 2 weeks ago. Well it seemed to be getting better (i rode without it hurting) but the lump stayed there, and now its hurting again... Sooo should i go back to the dr? It hasnt gotten bigger or anything.

or if its a strained/torn muscle, how long will it take for the lump to go away and stop bothering me so i can ride and show!?!?!?!?!?! It doesnt hurt MAJORLY when i ride, it just feels like a crap kinda thing. I had took a few days off work, and ive gone back to working again and all.. so i dont know if ive aggervated it again or what. Those who know me, know im a worry wart, and always think the worst! My mom says it takes forever for things liek that to go away, and doesnt think i need to go back to the dr because she would have known if it was something to worry about the 1st time i went in :lalala: but im just worried its something else, and i really want to go to amits next show and stuff, but if it hurts when im just w.t.c then im not ready to go to a show yet esp since my pony is known to be a pain.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Attachments

• alien_l.jpg
    alien_l.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 78

SShewbert

What love is all about
It probably is nothing that you need to go back to the doctor over since she didnt seem all that worried the first time. I would rest a couple days and not aggravate it (no riding, since it made it hurt again). If it doesnt get better then go back to the doctor because maybe you made it worst by riding again before it was healed.

fredsaid2

What were the Doctor's instructions from your first visit? Did they say how long to rest, how long to expect for a full recovery? Maybe you will need to resign yourself to a longer period of rest. Did they want to see you back for a follow up? I'd say the only one who can answer your questions is your doctor. Sorry, a visit is probably your best bet. Torn muscles can take time to heal. I did something to my shoulder, 7 months later it's just starting to feel normal.

IntegritysDream

Well the dr said take it easy for a little while, but didnt say for how long or how long it would take to get better. She didnt say to follow up or anything, she wasnt concered about it at all.

ElliesMom

Its gonna take a while, you hurt you insides, they are slow to heal. But moderate exersize is not a bad thing. A little push can sometimes help things move along, like when you twist your ankle, it hurts for a while, but you know its getting better. You just twisted your stomach muscle a bit.

Note: if it hurts like hell dont do it! (depending on pain tolerance of course)

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
You looked pretty good riding yesterday. :starcat:

Hope that riding didn't make it worse and you feel better soon. I tore muscles in my arm right before Christmas. Something like that takes time and you can't push it. Just take it slow. :yay:

GallopNTec

Well the dr said take it easy for a little while, but didnt say for how long or how long it would take to get better. She didnt say to follow up or anything, she wasnt concered about it at all.

:howdy:Maybe you could get a second opinion? If it hurts and it's not getting better and you didn't get specific instructions from your DR, you may be making whatever it is worse unintentionally( i cant spell either) .
I really don't like Doctors( human ones), they're either wishy washy or dying to cut ya open.
Hope you feel better soon!